Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 3/22/2006 8:56:38 AM EDT
ok, i bought a USP9f about a month ago, and i got it for a real good price since it has a blemish on the front of the trigger guard.  apparently the first owner tried to attach some crappy laser on it, and ended up dremelling the trigger guard so it would fit

it's not too bad, and i thought I could live with it, but it's getting to me.  anyway, what could i do to cover it up?  i've thought about buying a new frame (from what i heard that's kinda expensive though), thought about putting a UTL light on (also pretty expensive), and thought about putting some kinda rail mount on it that covers up the front of the trigger guard.

can anyone recommend a cheap mount that will do this?  or if anyone has any other suggestions on how to hide this, i'm all ears!
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:59:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Please post pics of the damage...
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:00:59 AM EDT
[#2]
you can kinda see it here, but in real life, it's a little worse than it looks
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:52:09 PM EDT
[#3]
How deep is the damage? and is it on both sides?

I'd leave it alone...short of DuraCoating the whole frame, the finish will never matchup exactly to the undameaged areas.

If it REALLY bothers you, you can shape the damaged area with an emory board and an exacto blade...assuming you have some skills in model-making. The sanded area can be "finished" with a small butane torch (very lightly "melting" the surface of the sanded area). It won't be easy, but can be done. I've repaired and altered a few firearm-grade polymers with great success. But my DremelFu is strong.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 1:13:02 PM EDT
[#4]
the damage is probably about a mm on each side, maybe a bit more.  i have no modeling skills, i was just looking for something that would cover it up.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top