Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 3/18/2006 6:20:35 PM EDT
Well I just came back from a gun show and a new pistol followed me home. I picked up a new H&K Compact .40cal with Mepro night sights and LEM trigger. Mine was made 3-5-05 and came with two LEO 12 round steel mags. My FFL dealer let me have it out the door for $675.00 so I shelled out the cash. I had a full size USP .40cal that I sold but should have kept. I will need to get a IWB holster for it as the Blade Tech I had for the full size I sold will not fit. Will shoot it soon and get back with a range report.........Trapfan.
PS- What is that "JS" logo behind the HK on the left side of the slide? My older full size USP did not have it.  Thanks.........Trapfan.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:54:09 PM EDT
[#1]
JS should be the date code of manufacture if im not mistaken,  

hkpro.com

they should be able to tell you at this site for sure.

Brian
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:00:51 PM EDT
[#2]
JS is not the date code.  HK defense and HK sporting divisions split a while ago.  The JS is the abreviation for Jagd-Und Sportwaffen which is the sporting division of HK now.
 The JS next to the HK markings shows that this pistol came out of HK JS sporting division.  Guns that come out of the defense division will not not have the JS markings.
On another note regarding date codes, the letter "J" is not used on proofed items such as the slide and barrel so you will never see a "J" on these parts as part of the date code.  The normal date code is A-K for 0-9 with the letter "J" not being used.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:19:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
JS is not the date code.  HK defense and HK sporting divisions split a while ago.  The JS is the abreviation for Jagd-Und Sportwaffen which is the sporting division of HK now.
 The JS next to the HK markings shows that this pistol came out of HK JS sporting division.  Guns that come out of the defense division will not not have the JS markings.
On another note regarding date codes, the letter "J" is not used on proofed items such as the slide and barrel so you will never see a "J" on these parts as part of the date code.  The normal date code is A-K for 0-9 with the letter "J" not being used.

my mistake.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 12:41:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks Big-Bore for the JS info. My first H&K USP was a 1995 made V1 that did not have that JS marking. To ask one more question.....Are the older models made before the split with more?
                                                                                                                Trapfan
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:22:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Until they make an all steel masterpiece like the P7 series, I will be disapointed in H&K.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:29:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Big-Bore is right

JS = Jagd und sport = hunting and sport

German made guns have numerous proofmarks

the Staghorn.... proofing house in ULM/Germany....... Walther uses the same one as H&K
date code as Big-bore mentioned
the eagle over N  proofmark, shows hat the pistol was tested with a proof load." The "N" stands for nitro cellulose, which is used in gun powder
that also would explain why all your H&K should come with a test target (Not sure if H&K includes one empty casing)

date code just to make sure all understand

A=0
B=1
C=2
D=3
E=4
F=5
G=6
H=7
I=8
K=9

J left out for obious reasons
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top