Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 3/17/2006 5:57:07 PM EDT
I parted with my beloved Glock (read Glock forum for amazing details and drama) so I can carry my newly acquired USPc 9mm.

It simply fits my hands better, as I have smaller hands.

That said, would any of you consider G19 superior to USPc for CCW?  and Why?

and for my USPc, w00t!
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:16:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I carry my USPc9 regularly.  I like having the V1 decocker and availability of 1st rnd DA pull.  I carry with 1 in the pipe, decocked, safety off, Uncle Mikes Kydex holster.  I'm looking forward to a Milt Sparks IWB someday.

BTW - I sold my G26.  I'm an old fashioned 1911 guy, so having the available safety lever is natural to me, but I've gotten real fond of the decocker funtion on the HK.

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 1:38:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I own both a glock 26 and a HK USPc 40.  Even though the HK is larger i prefer to carry and shoot the HK.  i carry it decocked safety off as well, usually in either a desantis kydex belt holster, a desantis belt holster or a IWB leather holster (cant remember the brand name).  I am also thinking about selling my glock and buying a p2000sk in 40 cal because i am just an all around HK fan.

The only diffference between the big difference between carrying the two IMO, is the safety on the HK.  Glock is a pull and shoot gun, where HK if you have the safety on, it is one more manipulation that you have to remember under stress.  That is why i keep it off at all times.

Brian
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:14:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a G19, G26, USPc .40 and a USP Tac .45.  I carry my USPc every day.

The 19 is the newest addition to the safe and my observations from shooting a few hundred rounds through it.  Mind you, I have shot 19s a number of times since 1990.  Just never got around to owning one:

The HK fits me better.  The 19 seems to pinch the web of my hand when gripping it.  No, it isn't the slide going over my hand, just uncomfortable.

I shoot my HK better.

Can't seem to get used to the Glock trigger, even after owning two.

I don't see a Glock taking the coveted postion of EDC gun, but like an AR, every self-admitted gun nit needs to own a Glock.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 6:18:00 PM EDT
[#4]
The HK points better for me.  It points naturally, like a 1911 does.  Where my finger is pointing is where the sights are aligned.  It also recoils less than a g22/g23 (for me.)  I'm pretty effective at drawing from holster and double tapping with it just by point shooting.  The grip is also smaller around than a g23 grip is, so it feels better in my hand.  Plus, I love their checkering.  I've tried so many pistols, bought and sold most of them.  H&Ks are the best pistols that I would wish to carry.  1911s are also very nice guns, but aren't the right carry gun for me.  Everything else I've tried is a novelty at this point (wheelguns excluded.)

With a Glock, I point way high.  I do own a glock and I like Glocks, but I carry my USPc .40 v9 c&l in a Sparks VM-2.

You gotta carry what works best for you.  
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:50:14 PM EDT
[#5]
USP 9c V1 in a CTAC, cocked and locked. For a skilled user they are similar in performance. The G19 is a little smaller.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 3:22:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Stainless USPc .40 V1 cocked/locked every single day in a Bianchi.  Point shooting, as mentioned above is automatic for me.  I've fired every model of glock except any of the Long slides, 21, and 20/29.  I just cant get on target as fluidly.
All my Glock shooting buddies really love my HK's
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:00:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I just got a USPc 40, for carry, I have a bianchi minimalist holster
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top