Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2006 9:57:10 AM EDT
This will sound like a really dumb question, however.. I dont see the use or point of the adjustable trigger stop on the USP Tactical... can someone tell me the purpose and reasoning behind it so I can mess around with mine. Right now I left it at factory setting... thanks!
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 3:58:33 PM EDT
[#1]
The OT is so that once the trigger breaks, movement of the trigger mechanism stops.  Any movement of the trigger after it breaks only serves to pull the gun off target.  That is why you want it to stop moving as soon as possible after the sear is tripped.  The way you usually set them up is to shoot it SA and adjust the stop in until it will not fire.  Then screw it in until it breaks, then screw it in another one-quarter to one-half turn.  Then double check in DA mode.  If it does not release in DA mode then adjust it until it does, than in another 1/4 to 1/2 turn.
Or, leave it alone because it is set properly from the factory.  Unless it gets out of adjustment there is no reason to muck with it.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top