Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 3/9/2006 3:35:53 AM EDT
it is chambered for a handgun cartridge!  

I just finished the M3 conversion of my USC carbine yesterday. I added a stock photo of the USC so you can see "before and after."

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:55:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Very nice!!!

It's just a damn shame that thing isn't select fire
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 1:09:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!

Actually, I was thinking about making it so with a UMP lower, but decided to just make it an SBR (short-barreled rifle) using a UMP 8" barrel. The NFA paperwork (Form 1) is in the works now. When I can do the barrel swap, it will look similar to the one below.  

Link Posted: 3/11/2006 11:01:44 PM EDT
[#3]
very sweet. makes me wish hk was still making them.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:20:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Well, they're still making and importing the UMP submachine gun so some parts are available. Also, there are a couple of outfits making USC/UMP kits, namely Top Notch Accessories and Homeland Defense and Police Supply. You can pick up a nice, used USC for $1400-$1600 or so.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 1:56:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I updated the photos above to show the new Surefire M910A-RD weaponlight I just got in from Calvin at Brightflashlights.com!

Another pleasureable transaction, Calvin! Thanks again for all your help!  
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:23:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I like it!

There is a Heckler and Koch forum in the Armory.  You should post this there too!
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 4:52:26 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I like it!

There is a Heckler and Koch forum in the Armory.  You should post this there too!

I didn't know that. Thanks for the heads up. I will!  
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:26:23 AM EDT
[#8]
That's sweet.  I've been pondering doing something similar.

Do you mind telling me where you sourced the parts from?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:45:11 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
That's sweet.  I've been pondering doing something similar.

Do you mind telling me where you sourced the parts from?

I'd be happy to. The conversion kit is available from Top Notch Accessories. They also make lots of other parts including the 8" barrels for making UMP clones. Wade is a great guy to deal with and he'll go out of his way to help you. Outstanding service! The barrel shroud/fake suppressor is from E&L Manufacturing.

http://www.top-notchparts.com/toppage5.htm
http://www.brasscatchers.com/store/barrelshroud.html
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top