Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 3/6/2006 10:04:53 AM EDT
i'll be carrying my new H&K USP and it will be my first time to carry on a full time basis ---what holsters do you guys recommend?   i'm a failry big dude (6' 295) and won't have a problem concealing the weapon, but i don't have much first hand knowledge about holsters.  i feel like i might like a paddle style so i can take it off before i go into work.  are they as relaible as the belt versions?  any input is welcomed.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:20:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Holsters really tend to be a personal choice thing.  

FOR ME:
I don't like paddle holsters for anything but the range.  For concealment they tend to stick out to far, and are tough to conceal (FOR ME).

OWB is very comfortable, but I never found a holster that made the gun feel like it wasn't flopping around.  

I find that IWB is the most concealable, and still very comfortable.  I like that the weapon is inside my pants (don't have to worry about flashing the muzzle accidently) and the belt is on the outside which tends to hold the weapon more still.

You also need to decide if you like leather or Kydex.  I thought I liked Kydex a lot, but then I got a leather IWB, and now I own mainly leather holsters as concealment rigs.  It's really a personal thing, and I find that leather just seems to be more comfortable for me.  If you're serious about concealed carry you'll probably try two or three holsters before you find the one you like the best.

Here are some of the holsters I have, and like a lot:
Kydex:
Blade-Tech OWB w/ Stingray for USP Tactical (range only)
Comp-tac Pro Undercover IWB for Kahr MK9

Leather:
Josh Bulman PDL (IWB) for P7M8
Milt Sparks VM2 IWB for USPc
Lou Alessi Ankle for Kahr MK9
Bianchi Pro 100 for Kahr MK9 (cheap holster, but works great)

I also have a Tucker "The Answer" (combo of leather and kydex) IWB for Glock 22 which is very comfy.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:38:17 PM EDT
[#2]
No matter what you buy, you'll go thru 3-4 different types, brands & styles before you settle on what you prefer. Heaven knows *I* did!  

The only real advice I can offer is stick with quality brands such as Galco, Kramer, Bianchi, etc. etc.

I have also found that I might need more than one type for different modes of dress.

Good luck!!!
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:37:49 AM EDT
[#3]

Check ou the G-Code that Eagle Industries or Gunner's Alley have.  Very nice IMHO.  They have an OWB and IWB.  The holster can go either way with the proper accessories.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 8:40:21 AM EDT
[#4]
If you can find one, Price Western Leather makes good holster.   I'm using a Bianchi 7L now, and it works great.

To keep the holster from flopping around, a good belt is a must.  It's as important as the holster.  Getting a high quality holster, then putting it onto a too flimsy holster is begging for the gun to bounce around.  Get a quality gun belt too.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 12:23:29 AM EDT
[#5]
I bought a holster from a guy in Idaho, AKJ concealco something.  He custom molds these suckers himself.  Very comfortable.  I got the one with out snap but with sweatguard, and it is nice.  Interchangeable belt loops, he's got the processes figured out.  Plus really good service.  I highly recommend.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:23:53 PM EDT
[#6]
bladetech. The only holster I have that made my USPF w/ UTL conceal comfortably
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 3:06:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I carry a USPf in the .40 and use a Don Hume IWB holster.  The only thing i wish different is that it was angled forward.  The price from was only around 25 bucks as well.  The Model # is H715, and you can get them at donhume.com.  I couldnt find them in any stores.  You might like something other than the clip style as well.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 2:58:25 PM EDT
[#8]
I use a Galco Concealable whenever I can (colder weather, layered clothes, ect) and a Milt Sparks VMII for other occasions.  Love 'em both.  Stick with quality and different holsters to suit your ever changing carry enviornments.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top