Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 2/28/2006 10:40:18 AM EDT
First of all, I have to express my happiness for finding this board.  I have read tons of first hand user info that has been really helpful.  i have always had guns (1911's mostly) and have always had the interest in the subject, but have found myself in a major acquisition mode recently--and more 1911's isn't really what i had in mind.

that being said...viva la H&K!!!

i like the "black gun" concept and as such started to gravitate toward Glock.  They seam to be very popular and well liked, but in the back of my mind I always had a nagging worry about their safety system.  The drop safety is a good thing, but i like an old school safety switch.  If i am carrying condition 1, I could accidentally have an ND by inadvertently grabbing the trigger on a Glock...and that would be bad.   What i love about H&K is that they have everything that is good about Glocks AND everything that is good about 1911's.  Plus, they seem to be quite accurate and reliable.  Then as an additional perk, they have that cool european, INTERPOL-esque quality that Glocks don't have.

anyway, thanks for all the good info, my USP45 should be here in a day or so.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 2:17:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Good for you.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:35:37 PM EDT
[#2]
This is a good board, no question about it.  But the premier HK board IMHO is HKPRO.  That board is nothing but HK all the time and no BS allowed.  Very strict and absolutely no BS permitted.  But you will not find a more knowledgeable bunch of HK addicts anywhere.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:38:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I like my USP45F, I've been carrying it more than my 1911 (but don't be telling anyone!)
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 11:00:14 PM EDT
[#4]
When I first discovered HK was on year 1992. It was HK-91.

At that time, few of the pistols available in the market were P7s and I thought it was really odd pistol. Since there are USP and 2000 lines, I like em even more. I ve played with P7s and shot P7s, but i just can't fall in love with the P7s (just like i cant fall in love with 1911s).

Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top