Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2006 1:24:42 PM EDT
My USP 45F rattles, but only when a mag is put in so I don't think it is the buffer rattle other people have reported.  It sounds like a metal on plastic rattle but I haven't been able to locate it.  Not a big deal, just curious.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 2:18:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Figured it out. It was the magazine rattling.  I didn't think that was possible under all that compression.  I think what is happening is when you put the mag in, the slide puts pressure on the forward area of the top round causing the stack to bow, creating gaps near the rim.  That means the rounds are only contacting each other over a small area up front which allows them to pivot, therefore rattling inside the mag.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:54:40 AM EDT
[#2]

IIRC guys were putting stronger springs in the mags to help this...HK springs are known to be kind of weak.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:57:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Just slap the bottom of the magazine when it's in the gun. No more rattle.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:00:48 PM EDT
[#4]
My 9c rattles because of the little nylon washer around the recoil spring.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:15:55 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
My 9c rattles because of the little nylon washer around the recoil spring.

That's easily fixed with a little bit of grease on the bushing...don't overdo it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 1:47:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Double stack mags bind when the last round is pushed down from hitting the bottom of the slide

the only 100% fix I've found is to chamber a round or download by one

other than that, try stronger springs...
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:28:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Most guns I own do that the worst is my Browning BDM double stack, my Sig P220 also but usualy stops after a few smacks on the palm of my hand with the back of the mag, I think it's called stacking your magazine after a swollen palm, also if I depress the top round all the way down then let it snap up under tention it cures it.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top