Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 2/17/2006 7:55:04 PM EDT
Hey all,

I bought a USP9 full size about 2 months ago and the first 500 rounds went through flawlessly. The brands used during these first 500 rounds were WWB, Winchester Winclean, Independence, and Speer Lawman.

However, the past two times I have gone to the range (using Winclean and WWB) I have experienced FTF. The gun will eject the spent casing but not properly load the next cartridge into the chamber and as a result the slide will not come all the way forward. This has happened around round 60-70 during both times I have gone. In addition, I cant be certain but it seems to happen only with one of the magazines.

What could be causing this?

I doubt its limp wristing as when I first started shooting I was limpwristing badly and it fired flawlessly.

Could it be the magazine springs? I keep the magazines loaded while at home as the gun is also my home defense gun?

Could it be that the magazine is dirty? I have fired about 1000 rounds between two magazines and havent disassembled them to clean them. I have only scrubbed the top portion and the feed lips with solvent and a nylon toothbrush?

What else could it be? Any help would be appreciated
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:31:25 PM EDT
[#1]
if it's only 1 mag, i would guess it's the spring.  maybe it's gunked up, try givin it a cleaning.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 12:04:56 AM EDT
[#2]
the mags maybe dirty.  
personally i never had a jam with my USP9, and I shoot the same ammo like you, WWB, Independence, Lawman and UMC. But I always clean everything after, including the inside of the mag, even if I shoot 100 rounds.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:56:38 AM EDT
[#3]
If cleaning the mags doesnt help does anyone think that Wolff mag springs would make the problem go away?
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:45:33 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
If cleaning the mags doesnt help does anyone think that Wolff mag springs would make the problem go away?

the cleaning should do it.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:48:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I have never clean any of my magazines.  
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 11:59:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Did you buy this gun new or used?

Quoted:

Call HK, get a replacement.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:38:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Went to the range today and didnt use the suspect magazine. The gun fired 100 rounds of Winclean flawlessly. To date I have put 1000 rounds through the gun and only had 4 FTF. I know the goal should be zero but I think these 4 were the result of some combination of a flawed magazine, low grip on the gun, and not having my wrists properly locked back.

I think the majority of problems with high quality guns such as HKs is shooter error. This same USP was hitting me in the face with brass until I got one of the range officers to try it. All the rounds he fired ejected perfectly at 3 o clock and he gave me tips on my grip that have completely eliminated the problem.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top