Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 2/14/2006 8:31:11 AM EDT
I have noticed thet the buffer rattles on the recoil spring sometimes.  Not a problem, just annoying, especially when the Glcok guys chime in with a smart comment about it.  
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:27:01 AM EDT
[#1]
My LEM P2000 does it too. If it doesn't rattle, I would worry about it as it's obviously stick to something. Because it's part of a necessary function, why should that annoy you?
Just shoot it.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:07:33 PM EDT
[#2]
It doesn't really annoy me, just an observation.  It happened to do it today, as I loaded it, and remembered to ask.  The annoyance is from the Glock shooters who notice it.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:33:30 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
It doesn't really annoy me, just an observation.  It happened to do it today, as I loaded it, and remembered to ask.  The annoyance is from the Glock shooters who notice it.

My glocks firing pins rattle. I just don't shake it.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:38:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Why would you worry about anything a GLOCK shooter has to say???  Dear God, they are shooting GLOCKs afterall, so how informed could their opinion be in the first place!

If it bothers you that they comment on it put on a dab of thich grease like Militech-1 and it won't bother you or them any more.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:44:23 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My glocks firing pins rattle. I just don't shake it.

Good catch, I had forgotten about that.  Since I switched to the "Dark Side" of the combat tupperware, I forgot.  
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 12:31:51 PM EDT
[#6]
The rattle is the buffer making noise- basically its a piece of polymer (err plastic) that slides up and down the outer surface of the recoil spring.  I put some oil on it on my usp compact 9mm and it quieted it down.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:56:52 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I have noticed thet the buffer rattles on the recoil spring sometimes.  

Have you tried shaking it w/o moving your head????????????  
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:43:17 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have noticed thet the buffer rattles on the recoil spring sometimes.  

Have you tried shaking it w/o moving your head????????????  

Damn! That's it thanks!
It was really just a pointless post, just to see is everyone else experienced it.  Especially since I'm a lone USPC Shooter, in a pack of Glock Shooters.

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:18:58 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Damn! That's it thanks!
It was really just a pointless post, just to see is everyone else experienced it.  Especially since I'm a lone USPC Shooter, in a pack of Glock Shooters.

I feel for ya. My matches too are Glock dominated & I often have the only fill-in-the-blank whatever I'm using for that match.

Steel matches are a bit of a different animal, lots of race guns there.  
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top