Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 1/31/2006 12:48:32 PM EDT
Why do my HK mags take a set even after replaceing the springs with Wolff springs the mags still suck IMO

Why wont HK do anything about this mag issue (Swelling and bad springs)

I have had my USP40 since they came on the market the only problems have been mag problems.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:10:31 PM EDT
[#1]
There is no such thing as a spring that will not take a set.  To what degee the spring sets is the only question.  Wolff are IMO the best gun springs made bar none and even they will take a set, but not much.  I have not heard of anyone having a problem with their mags after replacing the crappy HK springs with the Wolff.  Sometimes with new Wolff springs loading to full cap is hard but after they take their set they load fully and function perfectly.  If yours are not check to make sure the spring is not in backwards.  Believe me you would not be the first to do that.  Also check to make sure you got the correct springs.  Stuff happens and you could have gotten the wrong springs.

Why won't HK admit the problem and fix it?  What, HK admit they "compromised" on mag springs???  ROFLMAO  It'll never happen.  I know it sucks but that is the way HK is.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 10:03:07 AM EDT
[#2]
At the end of the day it is just disturbing that such a crappy mag goes into such a great pistol.

It is not just the spring issue it also swells when it is loaded that sucks. the things are about 30-40$ after all they should work for that price.

Would it be wrong to wish glock made mags for the USPs.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:22:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I have never heard of HK mags swelling before and I know mine have not, not even the 18 round mags, so if yours are you should contact HK.  The should replace them because that sure is not right.
Glock make HK mags?  I only wish so long as they would keep the Glock prices!
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top