Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2006 12:23:07 PM EDT
Hi All,

I hope you guys can help me with an issue on my new 9mm USP Compact.  I took it to the range for the first time this weekend and it consistently shot 6" low.  For comparison, my Glock 19 w/ Trijicon night sights (also new) shot dead nuts.  Now, I certainly like the trigger much better on the HK, but it was hard to enjoy considering the situation.

In any event, I was planning to replace the factory 3-dot sights with a set of Trijicon night sights no matter what.  So, do you think my problem will go away or am I going to be in the same boat post replacing the sights?

Thanks in Advance,
marl
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:20:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Have someone else shoot it and verify it's a sight problem.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:27:51 PM EDT
[#2]
As suggested have someone else shoot and verify. Typically shooting low is an indicator
of Anticipating Recoil (dipping the gun). Try benching the pistol to see how you shoot.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:32:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I will give that a try, but I don't get how the G19 would be spot on and the USPC spot off if it was a form issue.  However, it is certainly possible and I will give it a try.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top