Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2006 11:18:47 AM EDT
I just had a major range day with my brother in law.  I have owned an HK P2000 9mm for almost a year, now.  My opinion is just that, not an end all and be all of the HK P2000.

Hey guys,

I am sure that there are tons of people out there smarter than I, so I am posing the following problem...

I bought an HK P2000 in 9mm nearly a year ago.  I never really qualified with it, just kind of brought it along for fun.  While I could easily qualify with it, as far as I am concerned, I can't hit anything with it.  

I had a range day with the brother-in-law this week.  With the other hand guns I shot (Sig 228 9mm, Sig 229 .40, Glock 22 .40, Browning Hi-Power 9mm), the 10-ring in the target was basically gone.

With the HK, I shot all over the place, and am very frustrated.  I can only equate it to the LEM trigger.  The rest of the guns were the traditional SA/DA, SA only, or the glock action.

I don't have an explanation.  I am considering selling it, or trading it for an HK USP-C in .45 or for a rifle (Beretta Storm Rifle in .45, Springfield Arms Socom M1 Carbine, AK-47).

I asked the range master at work, who basically told me he thought the trigger action was bad.  Any advice for those out there?  There is probably less than 500 rounds total through the gun.

mfm691
[email protected]
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:46:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Dry fire it & watch the front sight; what is it doing? Is it wandering? Is it steady?

Have a different shooter(s) try it, use different ammo as well. Then tell us what you've found. There's too many variables here to say what's wrong, IMO.

My .o2
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:56:11 PM EDT
[#2]
In response to your questions, the ammo was 9mm speer lawman.  So I am not using a crappy brand.  I will try the dry fire test, as you suggest.

As for having another shooter try it, there were four of us, total.  The other shooters didn't have a problem, as they were on target.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 9:58:03 AM EDT
[#3]
its not the song, its the singer!!!

I dont like the LEM trigger system (or the Sig DAK for that matter)... are you required to have a DAO? if not, get a Variant 3...  I can get 48 of 50 in the 8 ring with mine, at 30 ft. Try changing out the springs to the lighter 5.5lbs trigger pull.

-- OJM
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:43:53 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
In response to your questions, the ammo was 9mm speer lawman.  So I am not using a crappy brand.  I will try the dry fire test, as you suggest.

It can be Federal Gold Medal, some guns simply don't like some types/brands of ammo, no logic or reason to it. Changing brands is simplt that, not implying going up or down in quality.

As for having another shooter try it, there were four of us, total.  The other shooters didn't have a problem, as they were on target.

Seems to answer your question, IMO. It's not the gun then.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:11:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I detest the LEM trigger but I've found if you hold the trigger down and just let off enough to reset it after every shot you don't have to pull the trigger all the way from the start to make it fire again.

It feels almost like a single action if you do it that way. I tried to sell my P2000sk LEM today at the big Houston Gun Collector's show and no one wanted it because of the LEM/DAO trigger.

The LEM system is a bust I think and I'm stuck with the bloody thing.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 7:44:46 AM EDT
[#6]
you just need practice. that's all.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:00:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

The LEM system is a bust I think and I'm stuck with the bloody thing.

Most shooters in here claim to love them.

Seems that you should be able to swap in the regular type trigger??? Shoot Big Bore an IM & ask him if this is possible?

Good luck!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:50:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Sorry about not being able to ditch it.  I had a usp in .357sig that I had a damned hard time getting rid of.  Also, I won't buy a LEM or any other DAO trigger (I'm too stuck on DA/SA...i want those SA short trigger pulls:  I buy semi for 2 reasons.  Short SA trigger pulls and higher capacity).  HK's guns are usually pretty easily converted, at least the USP line.  You can change the action in the USP line relativly easily, contact a dealer that knows about HK products and they should be able to answer this better than I.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top