Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2006 8:05:32 AM EDT
Was shooting my USP tactical (45 ACP) the other day and one of my magazines wouldn't lock the slide back after the last round. It is a 10 round mag with a finger extension floor plate.

I recall a thread on this a few months back, but can't find it. Right now its an annoyance, but I would like to get this fixed.

Anyone else have this happen to them. Is there an easy fix to this? Haven't called HK, but would they fix/replace this?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:21:08 AM EDT
[#1]
I posted a how to fix on this on hkpro a while back. not a single reply!
I guess people don't have the same problem, or the fix doesn't work, or just don't care.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:07:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Very common with HK .45s.  Bad mag springs mostly.  Replace them with Wolff + power mag springs and the problem will go away.  You can test to make sure it is bad springs by stretching the questionable spring somewhat and if it starts working again, bad spring.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 2:37:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, its a 10 rounder.  Throw it out and replace it with a 12 rounder
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:23:33 PM EDT
[#4]
is it possible to take a 10 rounder apart to replace the spring? i thought that the basepad was permenant.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:32:14 AM EDT
[#5]
I can take my 10-rounders apart.

Push on the circle in the basepad with a .223 round or a pen, etc.
Squeeze on the two plastic rectangles on the side of the mag and it'll all pop out.

good times.

Mike
Explaination with Photos
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:26:13 AM EDT
[#6]
It's an issue with the full sized .45's.  I sent in a couple with that problem and one for a broken weld.  All came back with the invoice saying they were weak springs, and all had new springs installed (and the mag with the broken weld was just replaced entirely) at no cost to me.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top