Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2006 5:27:08 AM EDT
USP 40.When I rapid fire,sometimes when I pull the trigger,the weapon will not fire.Sometimes even when I take my time between shots this happens,but mostly during rapid fire.I am not too technical,so I will try to explain this as best as possible.

I am pulling the trigger firing off a few rounds then nothing,hammer doesn't fall when the trigger is all the way pulled.What I have to do is let the trigger fully reset,IOW I have let the trigger go back to the original position,then pull the trigger ,then it fires.

This happens quite often,and it is frustrating.I hope I worded this right so people can understand the situation.

Do I need a new trigger,like the HK match trigger,or is it maybe a spring or something ?

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:35:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds to me as if you hit the nail squarely on the head.

You are not "releasing" the trigger after your shot completely and it is not reseting, consequently you have to re-release the triger and allow it to reset.

Mike
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:27:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd lean towards the trigger reset as well.  

Do you shoot other pistols with a shorter trigger reset?  You may need to get used to the longer reset of the USP.  I know my P99 has a much shorter reset than my USPc.

CD
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:55:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Ahh ok,thanks guys.This is the first HK I have ever owned,and i am still getting used to it.It is kind of old,so I thought maybe the trigger was fubar.As it turns out,I just need to work on my skills a bit :)

Thanks again for the info.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:14:05 AM EDT
[#4]
is it possible your thumb is riding the safety/decocker lever?

this happened to me at an IDPA match, hammer would move back about a 1/4" and wouldn't fall.

obviously this only applies if you aren't shooting a DAO or LEM USP variant
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:15:37 PM EDT
[#5]
No,the scenario of me not fully letting the trigger reset is most likely the culprit.Same thing happens when I fire my Bushy,just not as often :)

Operator error I guess.

Is there such thing as a trigger mod where you don't have to let the trigger so far forward to reset ? HK has decades of development,but I need to change it to suit my novice shooter needs..LOL
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top