Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2006 12:57:13 PM EDT
I recently had a chance to pick up a couple of boxes of these...I have heard conflicting reports about the wisdom of shooting these in a p7m8...

help with opinions please?

Kev
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:27:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:30:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Id sell them on gunbroker, probaly get big money for them and buy newer ammo
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 3:49:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Sell them to your nearest mall ninja, IMO.    
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:20:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Sell them for 30-40 bucks a box and buy a couple of boxes of Ranger Ts.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:29:11 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Sell them for 30-40 bucks a box and buy a couple of boxes of Ranger Ts.

+1. Same bullets, but newer and updated a little. Not to mention about half the price
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:41:04 AM EDT
[#6]
The P7 design is a gas retarded action.  Their is no locking mechanism save the gas pressure slowing the slide from recoiling.  This is SWAG on my part, but 147's would tend to have a more recoil force to move the slide rearward, and lower gas pressure to retard the action, so would tend to create more wear and stress on the action.  It was really designed for higher pressure 115gr type ammo.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:11:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a bunch of them- I carry a P7m8 and shot a lot of the BT through it. No problems. They are in my p7 right now. I think the Ranger T's are the same thing with out the scary name.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top