Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 1/1/2006 6:14:40 PM EDT
does the 5 inch barrel make much of a difference on muzzleflip? From what I can see, I wouldn't think it would. I fired a USP Tactical at the shoot yesterday and loved it, but I'm not all that eager to spend $850. $600 to $700 for a standard USP is more to my liking.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:12:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Ya know I was just coming here to bitch about why USP mags are so expensive and whalla God answered my prayers. Not sure if God wants me too have USP mags, but well it was still weird to say the least. He does work in mysterious ways!
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 12:44:01 AM EDT
[#2]
The Tactical and Standard USP basically have the same size barrel. The Tactical is just a bit larger to accomodate the external threads.

In a nutshell, the difference:

- Barrel O-ring (Tac. Yes, USP No)
- "Match" Trigger (Tac. Yes, USP No)
- Adjustable sights (Tac. Yes, USP No) These are also typically high enough to use them over a suppressor.

And that's basically it.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 2:55:51 AM EDT
[#3]
If you can, try them both.

PS. I love my TAC!
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 4:13:16 AM EDT
[#4]
For practical purposes here are some additional thougths
#1 Do you live in CIII state that allows suppressors? If not then that is another point in favor of USPf
#2 What is your purpose in owning a TAC vs USPf? For range gun the nod imho would be the TAC all the way with enhanced sights and match trigger.
#3 Accuracy wise I doubt there are many shooters that can physically prove they are more accurate with TAC vs a USPf.  There is no increased sight radius like with the expert or elite to make a difference.  The nod goes to the USPf.
#4 Carrying either concealed is a bit of stretch, but not totally impractical either.  The threaded portion of the barrel does impede with holster selection, and the adjustable sight may catch clothing or body parts. CCW carry the nod goes to USPf.

There are many considerations, if you plan on shooting lead you will need to get an aftermarket barrel either Jarvis or CCFA has them with conventional rifling.

Money aside I would buy the TAC, practially speaking I would buy the USFf.  
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top