Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2005 8:04:42 AM EDT
posted this in another thread, but I don't want to hijack that one so I started this one...

>>>>>>>>>>>
I just bought a USPf9, and then read this thread and checked my gun, yes, it does make those marks.. I don't like it because of resale valuse.. (its a good gun so far, but just in case it goes down in my favorite list...)

and one more observation on the magazines (I am sorry if I seemed to hijacking this thread, I think it is relavent to the topic )

I find the follower already have markings from loading the first rounds, the rim on the casing cuts into the "polymer" on the follower, my GLOCK mags have not such mark after 2k rounds...

For the price of HK.. now I'm thinking it's NOT that they have better material!
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I shot with it yesterday again, the 3rd outing with about 100rnds.. this time the white dot on the front sight fell off!! I'll be damned!! Its a factory sight with 2 white dots on the rear and one in the front, the white stuff just popped off or something.. can't find it on the ground..

So far, with this new 2005 USPf 9, I'm getting things thats not experienced with my other guns..

1. the ejected brass marrs the "deflector" by the ejection port (seemed to be "normal" from other HK owners"

2. the magazine follower gets all chewed up from loading that first round

3. the front sight "dot" fell off.

what a lemon!!
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 1:13:12 PM EDT
[#1]
sorry to hear it man. I haven't had any of those problems with my USP9 and I bought it used.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 12:17:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I've never heard of the mag problems you describe. A dot falling out is not unheard of in any brand gun. Easily fixed too.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:31:36 PM EDT
[#3]
So, has it ever failed to go bang when you pulled the trigger?
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 4:13:54 PM EDT
[#4]
My apologies to the HK board, I was kind of irated with my HK, being one of the more expensive gun from the SIGs and GLOCKs that I own.  I expected better workmanship than what I've experienced. This is my first HK.

"does it go bang when you pull the trigger"?  Yes, everytime. But so does my other guns.

Anyway, I'm not putting down HK as a whole, just the one that I got.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top