Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 12/4/2005 6:29:17 PM EDT
My USP 9 has numerous failures to eject with this ammo.  

It runs fine in my Glock 34 and Beretta 92.

Although I haven't had any problems yet with brass cased ammo.

Anybody else have this problem ?
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 6:32:14 PM EDT
[#1]

Aluminum-cased ammo has never caused a problem in any of my handguns, specifically because it has not been used in any of my handguns.

(There may be a moral to that story.)

Link Posted: 12/4/2005 7:55:07 PM EDT
[#2]
i haven't shot my USP9 with the blazer but I have shot USP45 with thousands of blazer. no problem.
next time i'll try it to get some alum blazer for my USP9.
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 6:40:01 PM EDT
[#3]
The only FTE's that I have EVER had with my USP9 have been with Blazer 9MM. But this was the brass-cased Blazer.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 5:37:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Is your USP new?

If so it might need to be broken in with a hotter ammo.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 8:44:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes it's new;  about two weeks old.

I've shot 30rds of Speer +P+ 115gr. ,  25rds of Fed +P+ 124gr. ,  300 rds of WWB, and 270rds

of aluminum cased Blazer. The Blazer is the only one that has given me issues.

I had no idea that an HK pistol would need to be broken-in a little. I thought that was 1911

territory.  

Oh well; learn something new everyday!
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 11:07:00 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Yes it's new;  about two weeks old.

I've shot 30rds of Speer +P+ 115gr. ,  25rds of Fed +P+ 124gr. ,  300 rds of WWB, and 270rds

of aluminum cased Blazer. The Blazer is the only one that has given me issues.

I had no idea that an HK pistol would need to be broken-in a little. I thought that was 1911

territory.  

I'm not saying it has to be broken in but based on my experience with mine it might be a good idea to run a case of ammo through it before you start worrying about it. Mine would not run on 115gr ammo until I put about 700 rounds of 124gr through it.  After that initial period she's ran just fine.

Keep shooting the other stuff, get several hundred rounds through it and then give the Blazer another try.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 7:59:46 AM EDT
[#7]

I'll definitely try that.

Thanks for sharing your experiences; cause God knows I love this pistol and I don't want

to give up on it yet!
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 8:08:59 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

territory.  

next time I go to walmart i'll look for the blazer for my USP9.
I've got 3 USP's, never had any problems feeding, firing or ejecting.  I have P2000 coming next week, I don't expect problems either. This is HK we're talking about here.

I also got couple of 1911's. Do you know how the 1911 got broken in? By sending it back to factory after 400 rounds. That's the breaking-in 1911 style.

Now, which gun do you think that I trust more?
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 9:22:28 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

territory.  

I also got couple of 1911's. Do you know how the 1911 got broken in? By sending it back to factory after 400 rounds. That's the breaking-in 1911 style.

Let me know what your USP does with Blazer . .
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:57:35 AM EDT
[#10]

Well . . . . . . . .
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 3:42:42 PM EDT
[#11]
My USPc9 has shot everything I fed it, including blazer.  I could probably successfully fire a turd in that 9c if need be 10k + rounds through that bad boy!

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 9:08:32 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

territory.  

Let me know what your USP does with Blazer . .

you asked this 'reliablity' in HK forum on your USP, you've got nothing. you ask 'reliability' in 1911forum about your 1911, guaranteed you'll get someone with the same problem.
now you see my point.

i went to walmart, and to two different gunshops. i couldn't find the 9mm blazer alum case, but bought the cci blazer alum for the 40, for my new P2000.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 7:52:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Well,  I put 100 rounds of Blazer 115gr. FMJ through it last night with only one FTE.

It seems to have made some progress
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:33:05 PM EDT
[#14]
when it does fte, where does the cartridge get stuck and what round number in the magazine?

so i went to walmart again, i could not find blazer, at all! looks like what they've got left is wwb and remington value pack. i picked up couple boxes of those.

also, here's another one of my point. a firearm that match or exceeds hk reliability and quality of workmanship: LINK lots of views, with virtually no reply. Looks like nothing matches or better than our made in Germany machines
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:51:08 AM EDT
[#15]

When it FTE,  the case is stuck length-wise in the ejection port, with the slide closing, wedging the

case against the outside of the chamber and the slide. Sometimes primer facing me, sometimes

the case mouth.  It's always a random numbered round, and all my magazines

are numbered and work fine it my buddies' USP 9. He only had a few FTE with the Blazer initially,

but no problems since.

I've disassembled the slide and components, but I found no obvious defects with any of the

parts; extractor/spring, firing pin/spring, etc.  Even the ejector in the frame appears fine. No burrs

in the chamber.    I dunno .

I'm still not giving up on it just yet . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 4:17:56 AM EDT
[#16]
I had a few stovepipe jams when I fired some 115 gr. brass cased bulk purchased ammo through my brand new USP9c.  I can't remember the brand because it was about three years ago.After a couple hundred rounds the gun smoothed itself out.  The moral of that story-HKs are not kissed by the gods before they leave the factory; they must be properly broken in like any other gun.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:38:50 AM EDT
[#17]
USP 45 MATCH, never had a problem!!!

I have shot all kinds of ammo from the cheap Blazers that some one wanted to try, to +P+ loads...
All rounds have always fired and ejected... now what FEELS better as you fire the gun is a different story.
I have found that cheap ammo or underpowered ammo likes to torque the gun in my hand a little to the right or left... just a little bit... you can feel it but it does not bother me.
Now when you shoot good factory loads or higher power stuff the gun cycles just right and wants more!
I don’t know if it is the sensation you get from firing some HOT loads... but the gun seems to like the fast cycling that the extra velocity gives it...

I  can tell you that WINCLEAN runs good and is slightly costly, but one range I go to wants you to use it... no problems, also WIN white box and SB work very well for me also...

Hope this helps...
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 12:47:08 PM EDT
[#18]
BLAZER AMMO SUCKS BIGGER NUTS THEN THE SQUIRREL IN MY BACKYARD. THEIR AMMO SEEMS TO TAKE FLIGHT IN ALL DIFF DIRECTIONS.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 1:33:18 PM EDT
[#19]
No problems in my USP 9 or 45 (both full size).
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top