Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 9/28/2005 1:21:32 PM EDT
Which one should I get? I was leaning on the H&K USP Full .45 but I think the USP Compact is cool to, but which is the best of its kind and caliber?

Thanks
RLTW
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 2:24:03 PM EDT
[#1]
get all 6

I like the USP .45 Tactical
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 2:31:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Nothing like asking an unanswerable question.

I love my HK USP40c, and I plan to get an HK USP45.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 2:33:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Get whatever you want.  Try to narrow down your questions next time.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:37:24 PM EDT
[#4]
.45 Tactical is the one you can put a surpressor on right?
And can civilians get a hold of the .45 tactical?

appreciate all the reply
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:49:49 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

appreciate all the reply

\

Yes and yes
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:24:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks alot man.
And thanks alot for all the other replys.

I think I may go with .45 Tactical sounds nice,
plus I always wanted to have a gun that I could
put a surpressor on.

Thanks again.
Later
RLTW
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:43:21 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Thanks alot man.

put a surpressor on.

Thanks again.
Later
RLTW

they do make a tactical .40 Fullsize and an SD 9mm Fullsize (SD is the same as tactical, but in 9mm). To be honest, I would get the USP9SD as 9mm is the only round out of the 3 that is available in subsonic (as far as I know) and will have by far the best results with a suppressor
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 1:08:09 PM EDT
[#8]
52Brandon thanks, I will take that into consideration.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 2:32:30 PM EDT
[#9]
I agree
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:14:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Anyone have a good link to info and pics on the tac 9?  I wasn't even aware they made one until I saw this post.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:28:21 PM EDT
[#11]
In order to get any meaningful advise you'll have to tell us why you want the gun. What is it's purpose?

I own both a Tactical 45 and a compact 45. I love them both but they are suited for different puposes IMHO.

Bomber
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:32:48 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Anyone have a good link to info and pics on the tac 9?  I wasn't even aware they made one until I saw this post.

here is one to start, I'll edit this post as I find more.
link
one for sale
another for sale
best deal
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:46:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Well, I have many reasons for a new gun. I have guns but only shotguns and hunting rifles. I would like to get a H&K for home security reasons, shooting range(fun), military work, because I'm about to join and I'm waiting for the option 40 contract to clear(Airborne Ranger). I would also like to have because I'm starting to collect guns and my favorite so far is the H&K's, and I've searched about all handgun brands y'all have listed on this site's forums.

Later
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:49:53 PM EDT
[#14]
I narrowed it down. I want a reagular USP, tactical USP, or Compact.
What would be the best caliber of each kind, for what I want it for? or
should I say which one of guns w/ would be the best for what I want it
for? Could you tell me the best claiber of the gun you think is best.
I was thinking .45, but I now know that with the Tactical USP then 9mm
would be the best.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:19:56 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I narrowed it down. I want a reagular USP, tactical USP, and Compact.
What would be the best caliber of each kind, for what I want it for? or
should I say which one of guns w/ would be the best for what I want it
for? Could you tell me the best claiber of the gun you think is best.
I was thinking .45, but I now know that with the Tactical USP then 9mm
would be the best.

Thanks

fixed it for ya

as for caliber, that's a hard question and asking it usually starts a fight. When it comes to ball ammo, obviously the .45 is the best weapon, which is why a lot of special forces use 1911s or Mark23s. But when you compare hollow points, the cavity caused by one to the other is so slightly different, that I would suggest the 9mm for the added capacity. I personally am not in the service so I carry the USP9F with TAP ammo. The fullsize is still small enough to carry IWB. But I am sure you will hear a lot from the .45 USP fans to sway you the other way. I would give the .40 about 10 more years before I would go that route, the .45 and 9mm are the 2 most used and most proven pistol rounds ever, the .40 is still relatively new. Not saying it is a bad round but the glock KBs I have heard of were all .40 so there may still be a few kinks to work out
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:42:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Compact 9mm - USP9C.  It's my daily carry piece and is much easier to carry than the full size.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:49:20 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Thanks alot man.

put a surpressor on.

Thanks again.
Later
RLTW

they do make a tactical .40 Fullsize and an SD 9mm Fullsize (SD is the same as tactical, but in 9mm). To be honest, I would get the USP9SD as 9mm is the only round out of the 3 that is available in subsonic (as far as I know) and will have by far the best results with a suppressor

the SD is not a tactical. it has threaded barre(non o-ring)l & target sights but the trigger is a regular USP trigger, which BTW is crap compared to the trigger on a tactical. also .45 is the only round of the 3 that is only available as sub-sonic, that's why so many people have cans on .45s, ala MK23.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 2:13:30 AM EDT
[#18]
If you can buy a 9mm Tactical buy it because HK never made one, at least not for any sales market (there may have been a prototype true Tac 9mm but I doubt it).   The 9SD is no more a Tactical than my butt is.  The 9SD has the adjustable sights and threaded barrel, but regardless of what it says on web sites, it does not have any match trigger parts nor is the barrel o-ringed.  It is not a Tactical unless it has all those items, plus, it does not say Tactical on the slide.

So, that narrows the field down some.
Caliber, no brainer there, .45 ACP.  There is a surprise.

Handgun, Compact if there is any CCW use in your future.
If for HD and range shits and giggles, the Tactical is the only choice IMO.  While the TB on the Tac may make it undesirable as a CCW I do not think anyone would give you any grief if it were used for home defense.  Once a perp is inside your home most localities pretty much give you free rein.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 4:51:46 AM EDT
[#19]
I've gotta side with my fello Virginian Bigbore on all counts. 45 is the only way to go.  For CCW go with the compact....I carry one every day. For Home defense, there is a Tactical sitting in my nightstand. I will say that I did remove the adjustable sights in favor of night sights.

Bomber
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 8:22:25 AM EDT
[#20]
I had a HK USP 9mm that I used for USPSA competition.  Without any experience with the other pistols, I would say I was satisfied with the 9mm as fun. The 9mm ammo is cheaper than other calibers, I don't know if ammo cost is a factor for you or not.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:43:45 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
the SD is not a tactical. it has threaded barre(non o-ring)l & target sights but the trigger is a regular USP trigger, which BTW is crap compared to the trigger on a tactical. also .45 is the only round of the 3 that is only available as sub-sonic, that's why so many people have cans on .45s, ala MK23.

I have a couple questions. What does the o-ring on the barrel do? And if .45 is subsonic, why is a suppressed 9mm so much quieter than a suppressed .45?
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 5:12:29 PM EDT
[#22]
The o-ring makes the barrel and slide alignment about as perfect as it can be from shot to shot without having a hand machined zero tolerance fit between slide and barrel.  The o-ring compresses the same centering the barrel in the slide for very consistent lock up from one shot to another.  That is what it does in theory anyway; in actual use both the normal USP and the o-ringed USP are more accurate than 99.9% of the shooters using them anyway.  Still, when the barrel slide fit gets loose with the o-ring you replace a $5 part, but when the fit between a steel on steel machined barrel and slide gets loose the "repair" is much more costly.  Plus, when you have a steel on steel lockup as tight as what the o-ring does it does not take much dirt to prevent the slide from locking up fully, and that is not a problem at all with a dirty o-ring.  
What I can tell you first hand is my 9SD is nowhere near as accurate from bench as are any of my Tacticals.  While any of my o-ringed pistols will easily hold a 5 shot one inch group at 25 yards from a solid rest, the 9SD will not break 3 inches unless I put on the FS in which case it barely breaks two inches.  My full sizes and Compact easily go sup two inches with most around 1.5 inch it is not the lack of an o-ring alone that makes my 9SD so inaccurate.  If it were not for the collection the 9SD would have hit the road long ago, but since I "need" it for the HK treaded barrel "collection" it will be kept, but not loved.

As to the suppression question, not a clue.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 5:31:23 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
get all 6

I like the USP .45 Tactical

+1

I like this guy.  He and I have matching opinions.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 10:50:07 PM EDT
[#24]
i'll sell you my fullsize. im sticking with the compact and the g30
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 10:50:53 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

appreciate all the reply

yes and no

restricted states say no way
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 12:58:02 PM EDT
[#26]

Definitely .45...I prefer the full-size.  YMMV
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 3:42:03 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Well, I have many reasons for a new gun. I have guns but only shotguns and hunting rifles. I would like to get a H&K for home security reasons, shooting range(fun), military work, because I'm about to join and I'm waiting for the option 40 contract to clear(Airborne Ranger). I would also like to have because I'm starting to collect guns and my favorite so far is the H&K's, and I've searched about all handgun brands y'all have listed on this site's forums.

Later

Well currently the 9mm is fielded and in use. The .45ACP is coming back soon plans already announced they want a design similiar to the H&K USP series. You cannot use personal weapons
on missions so it will do you no good buying for that reason.

I have both USP Compacts in 9mm and .45ACP. If you must buy one, then sell a hunting rifle and buy both! Seriously it is a tough call. 9mm is cheap as hell and just as deadly and reliable as the .45ACP. But there is nothing better then putting .45ACP downrange.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top