Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2005 4:05:09 PM EDT
My new USP 45 (full size) leaves burn marks on the brass.  It covers about 1/4 of the brass on one "corner".  I thought maybe it was from a light load from my WWB but then I noticed it was on every single shell including my federal Hydra-shocks.  Albeit, it's only had ~100 rounds through it.  Can anybody tell me if this is common or is it something I should send to HK to have checked out?
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:07:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Strange.  I just burned up 250 rds this last weekend with my .45 USP.  I noticed the exact same thing.  Never noticed it before.  Kinds looks like a "leak".

Pistol functioned just fine.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:29:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Well I called HK today, the HK guy said if it feeds OK, don't worry about it.  Of course he also sounded completely clueless.  he
Of course it still shoots freaking awesome, I love this thing!  Everytime the slide moves, it's like butta!  I'll keep shooting it and monitoring it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:12:42 PM EDT
[#3]
On my tactical it seems to put burn/black marks on most all the brass.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 9:36:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Ditto, I have a usp 40 that does not do this however my new tactical .45 does this on each round fired.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:52:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Find me any firearm that does NOT put burn marks (powerder smudges) along the neck and case, especially at lower pressures, and I'll eat my hat.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:33:22 AM EDT
[#6]
I my case the culprit is the powder!  Titegroup sure does a number to the brass! TG seems to scroch cases fired in the fullsize or compact or the 625's cylinders.  Some ammo burns cleaner then others, Fed GM sure seems clean burning!
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:39:22 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Find me any firearm that does NOT put burn marks (powerder smudges) along the neck and case, especially at lower pressures, and I'll eat my hat.

This is not the usual burn marks, at least not what I've seen with my other guns, it looks like somebody held one side over a candle and soot collected on it running almost the entire length of the brass (tapered down near the primer side). Either way, I'm just going to keep shooting unless it gives me trouble.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 11:51:34 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is not the usual burn marks, at least not what I've seen with my other guns, it looks like somebody held one side over a candle and soot collected on it running almost the entire length of the brass (tapered down near the primer side). Either way, I'm just going to keep shooting unless it gives me trouble.

Same here on both accounts.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 1:15:20 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I'm going to try, simply because I would like to watch you eat your hat.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 8:45:03 AM EDT
[#10]
My elite in 45 does it too. I dont worry about it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:40:47 PM EDT
[#11]
My Tac does the same thing. Never worried about it. It has finctioned flawlessly.

Bomber
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 10:54:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Whoa!  Hold on, it just occured to me...  HK is one of the few that use fluted chambers in their rifles, maybe this is their pseudo implementation for pistols?
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 5:05:15 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Airsoft????    
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 5:34:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top