Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 9/15/2005 1:39:48 AM EDT
Is it possible to effectively carry & conceal a full size USP45?  Even if you could, would it still be a better idea to carry & conceal a more compact handgun?

What is a good carry holster for a USP?  What about mags?

Where can I find USP45 mags at a good price?

Can anything be done to make their trigger smoother?

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 1:46:03 AM EDT
[#1]
CDNN has mags for about $50 a piece. Alessi and Milt Sparks make good holsters. A USP45f is difficult, but not impossible to conceal. A few smiths out there do trigger work. I don't know the names of any that are currently active though. HKPro.com ought to know.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 2:10:38 AM EDT
[#2]
yep, they're kinda big for summer time ccw,  a bit easier in the fall/winter.   I'd suggest the compact version for ccw if it's gotta be H&K.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 2:50:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Its possible. I carried a USP 40 for a few summers.  Check out the compacts or the p2000. (not sure if the 20000 cmes in a .45 though).  I use a Strong 3 slot OWB holster , or carry in a 5.11 vest.  I don't know who , but some smiths seemed to be able to smoooth the trigger.  Mags are expensive, I found some decent prices on Gunbroker though.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:06:50 AM EDT
[#4]
I conceal carried a USP45 fullsize this whole summer in Houston.  It's a big gun.  And not nearly as comfortable to carry as a .38 snubbie, but it can be done.

Of course you need a solid gunbelt.

I've got a canted, in-the-waistband holster that i wear under 2 untucked shirts.  There's still a slight bulge due to the thickness of the gun and the large grip, but it's not too noticable.

I also wear a 2 mag pouch on the opposite side to balance out the weight.  It's far more comfortable to carry the gun when the weight is balanced.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:38:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Good info, thanks.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:14:54 PM EDT
[#6]
http://www.calssportingarmory.com/hkmagazines_45acp.htm

20.90 for 10 rounders
55.00 for 12 rounds

If just need some range mags the price on the 10s are hard to beat..
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:33:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Another USP question:

How is the inherent accuracy of the standard USP45s?  I heard they are pretty accurate out to 50 yards.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:27:52 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Another USP question:

How is the inherent accuracy of the standard USP45s?  I heard they are pretty accurate out to 50 yards.

They are extreamly accurate.  More accurate than most shooters are!  When I miss, its not because of the gun.

I use a Milt Sparks VMII IWB and a Galco Concealable OWB to carry my USP.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:30:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Can you give me an example of its accuracy?
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 1:18:26 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Its possible. I carried a USP 40 for a few summers.  Check out the compacts or the p2000. (not sure if the 2000 cmes in a .45 though).  I use a Strong 3 slot OWB holster , or carry in a 5.11 vest.  I don't know who , but some smiths seemed to be able to smoooth the trigger.  Mags are expensive, I found some decent prices on Gunbroker though.

The P2000 and P2000SK are both 9mm/.40S&W sized frames. No .45 available. I personally picked up a P2000SK for carry. Since size (Walther P99 Compact sized).
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 3:13:05 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Can you give me an example of its accuracy?

CNS triangle at 50 yards...doable.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 3:30:00 PM EDT
[#12]
It's not the best choice for carry but it depends on your size.  I'm kind of wide across the shoulder, so I tend to stick to sweats which hangs loose.  I can carry a fullsize USP in my small-of-back rig without issue.  If you're not a big guy... wearing big clothes... stick with a compact.

If you have no choice because that's the only gun you have...  think shoulder rig or inside pant holster.  As for mags... you're in CA, so stick with the 10rds... get them from  CDNN or  any good online source.   Factory 10rds are going for about $25-$30.   Yeah kind of high... but that's HK for you.

If you want a smoother trigger, try carrying it cock-n-lock like me.  But I have the mod-0 version... so I can do that.  If your USP is a double-action only or have no options for  cock-n-lock carry... don't try it or you may blow off more than can grow back ~NewbieDave
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:59:01 PM EDT
[#13]
I am 5'08, 155 and I carry a USP45 in a Galco shoulder rig and a G27 in a small of back holster by Dillon leather. I carry this under a Hawaiian shirt usually. No printing if you carry correctly. I will sometimes carry the G27 in a Galco ankle rig. I carry either way. If I can pull it off, anyone can. All my cop friends and other LEO's I come into contact with have no idea I'm packing until I show it. This includes a USSS agent in the Phx area that I met. He is an expert in detecting hidden firearms by sight.

I will also carry the USP45F in an IWB Kydex rig that I designed. I wear XL T-shirts and it conceals very well. I have been carrying a USP from early 1995 up until late last year, when I started carrying my P220.

I also had the USPc 45 and sometimes I'd carry both the full size and the compact together. I found myself packing the full size most of the time. Sometimes I'd carry the USPc as a back up to my 3" model 29 .44 mag revolver. I loved that model 29.

I hate hearing that someone needs to carry a Raven .22 because everything else is too big. Learn to carry your firearm correctly and this won't happen. You'll be able to pack an M4. And I have done that as well, thank you. Think Trench Coat.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 3:32:22 PM EDT
[#14]
kinda like this guy  http://www.thatvideosite.com/view/190.html
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top