Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 9/6/2005 1:00:48 PM EDT
I've checked everwhere I could think of.  None available through Jarvis.  Impact Guns showed one on their website, but when I ordered it they called to tell me their supplier didn't make them any longer.

Is there anyone who does manufacture a threaded barrel for a USP Compact 9mm?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 3:57:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Javis use to make them but you may have to wait a bit.  They offer that as an upgrade on all their barrels from what I understand.  Cost should be around $245 or so including TP.
I am amost certain CCF (Capital City Firearms--ccfa.com) can make you one but it will not be o-ringed for a compact.  Again, you may have to wait a while but I know Larry can make you one if for some reason Jarvis is not doing them right now.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:23:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I've contacted Jarvis in the past about a threaded barrel.  They told me that not only did they not make one, but they wouldn't make one with the demand being too low (May 2003).  I even checked back with Bill Jarvis some time later (Oct 2004) and the response was the same - it's the only USP Compact barrel they don't make - unless I wished to order at least 25 barrels.

I'm not familiar with Capital City Firearms, but their website only indicates barrels for the Compact .45 and Compact .40 (again, no 9mm Compact).  And for the record, the USP Compact barrels don't have o-rings, anyway.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:30:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Contact Jarvis again.  Gee, I didn't know the Compact didn't come with an o-ring and I only have 7 of them.
 While the USPC and the CCF barrels (as well as EFK) do not come with the o-ring the Jarvis does.  Larry at CCF says it offers no advantage on the Compact model but I really don't care one way or the other.  O-ring or no o-ring, but I'll take it if it has one.  I know Jarvis is making threaded barrels for the Compact because over at HKPRO we are in a group buy for about 15-20 of them, in .45 though.  They list the Compact 9mm barrel on their web page and still have the threaded option in their drop down menu so I bet things have changed.  I know Jarvis makes extended 9mm barrels because he was selling a ton of them in 6" during the TR I and II Match conversion craze when it seemed eveyone packing meat under the age of 25 wanted to build a Match 9mm clone like their idol, Angelina Jolie, was packing.
You might check out EFK also.  They have several different options with their HK series of barrels.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:26:55 AM EDT
[#4]
I could swear that I've seen USPC 9mm threaded barrels at Cal's Sporting Armory but they don't have them listed on the web site.  Try giving them a call and they may be able to locate one for you.  

I'm not associated with Cal's in anyway, but I've had a lot of good experiences buying from them.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 2:15:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Contact Jarvis again.

You know, I've sent several e-mails to Jarvis and they've never given me the courtesy of a reply.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 1:35:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Finally heard back from Bill Jarvis.  They don't offer a threaded barrel in 9mm, only .357Sig and .40S&W.

E-mails sent out to both CCFA and CSA.  Another update once they reply.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 2:22:16 PM EDT
[#7]
That was quick.  Larry at CCFA informs me that they do not offer a HK USP Compact 9mm threaded barrel, either.  He did, however, recommend Barsto.  Of course, once again, Barsto doesn't list HK barrels on their website.

E-mail dispatched to Barsto.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 11:09:33 PM EDT
[#8]
tagged this one, looking for one too.
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 2:06:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Neither CCFA nor CSA have this barrel, either.  Cal's recommended AWC Systems Technology.  My e-mail to them, so far, has gone unanswered.  Likewise with Barsto.  So far, noone makes this barrel, it would seem.

In order to continue this process, I'm going to need the names and contact info for more manufacturers.  I've exhausted the ones I know.
Link Posted: 10/29/2005 4:28:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Neither AWC nor Barsto have responded to my e-mails.  This brings me back to the origins of this post.

Anyone know where I can find a threaded barrel for an HK USP Compact 9?
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 10:47:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Ok, let's see if I can come at this from a different direction.  If I can't find a company who manufactures a threaded barrel for my USP Compact 9mm, does anyone know of a source to obtain an extended  barrel?

Perhaps one step at a time will work.  If I could obtain a barrel at the proper length, it should be far less difficult to locate someone to thread it.  Any suggestions?

It's a little frustrating to see HK Defense put out the USP45 Compact Tactical and still not have a 9mm version.  Before you ask, I have e-mailed them and there has been no response.  Like most big companies, it seems their e-mail accounts exist only for show.
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 12:08:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Can you just buy a standard length USP 9mm barrel and have it cut down and threaded?
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 5:10:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Never having seen the two barrels (full v. compact) side-by-side, I'm not even sure they have the same configuation.  The Compact uses a different recoil system than the full size, for example, although this is related to the guide rod and springs.  The full size uses an o-ring for slide lock-up that isn't on the Compact.

Does anyone know if this would work?  Are there issues with cutting down a polygonal bore?  I dont know where the o-ring is positioned.  Could it interfer with the threading process?  The full is, from best estimate, something like 7/8" longer than the compact barrel.
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 8:11:13 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Never having seen the two barrels (full v. compact) side-by-side, I'm not even sure they have the same configuation.  The Compact uses a different recoil system than the full size, for example, although this is related to the guide rod and springs.  The full size uses an o-ring for slide lock-up that isn't on the Compact.

Does anyone know if this would work?  Are there issues with cutting down a polygonal bore?  I dont know where the o-ring is positioned.  Could it interfer with the threading process?  The full is, from best estimate, something like 7/8" longer than the compact barrel.

I have a USP 9mm Compact and a USP9SD.  I can try and see if the USP9SD barrel fits in the compact if you'd like.  The USP9SD is the 9mm version of the USP Tactical and is a full size USP with a factory threaded barrel.
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 9:15:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Yes, I'm aware of the USP9-SD.  It's sort of like a sharp blade that fits between my shoulder blades.  Between HK and the aftermarket, there's a threaded barrel for every single HK USP or Compact model EXCEPT mine.
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 1:40:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Not all full size USPs use o-rings.  Only the Tactical, Expert, Elite, Match, and SOCOM (not a USP though).  The standard USP and the 9SD do NOT have o-ringed barrels.
Also, the barrel's locking blocks are different between the full size and the Compact.   You cannot take a full size barrel and simply cut it down and drop it in, no way shape or form.
Also, once again, the 9SD is not simply a 9mm version of the Tac.  As I have said countless times it seems, no o-ring and no match trigger parts regardless of what it says on HK's web page.  You cannot always believe what HK says in their ads, if you could then you can put your bullets in the mag as shown on the first issue of the 2004 catalog.
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 1:50:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Now THAT'S a pretty damn funny photo!
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 2:02:44 PM EDT
[#18]
I too am looking for a threaded USP 9c barrel. Maybe we should get a list going and send it to AAC.
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 2:18:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Too bad we couldn't start a group buy, but that would require an actual source.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 7:53:19 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Too bad we couldn't start a group buy, but that would require an actual source.

I called Jarvis and asked them about a group buy. He said the minimum is 50 barrels. The money is paid up front, and from the time it's all paid for to the time we get our barrels is 3-5 months.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 11:12:03 AM EDT
[#21]
I ordered an extended 9mm Compact barrel from BAR-STO and threaded it myself...  wasn't cheap, wasn't fast, but the only path that seemed to be open to me...

Link Posted: 12/7/2005 12:27:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Hey, there's a glimmer of light. They said they discontinued the compact barrels, but if I keep checking back, I might get lucky. Their prices don't seem so bad compared to the rest.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 8:52:59 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I ordered an extended 9mm Compact barrel from BAR-STO and threaded it myself...  wasn't cheap, wasn't fast, but the only path that seemed to be open to me...

When did you purchase that barrel?  I know several companies used to make barrels for the USPC9, they just stopped.  But, if I can confirm that right now I can purchase an extended barrel from a specific source and sent it off to Gemtech or whomever for threading, I'm happy to go that route.  Otherwise, I'll have to poll the board for interested parties and see what we can come up with for a Group Buy once the moderators allow them, once more.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 11:09:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Where can i get a threaded barrel for my uspc in .357 sig??
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 5:17:33 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Where can i get a threaded barrel for my uspc in .357 sig??

Jarvis

$249
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 10:51:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Thanks, but im not all up to date on what thread pattern to get on it.  What do you boys suggest
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 11:20:47 AM EDT
[#27]

When did you purchase that barrel?

My records show it was May of 2001 - so it's been awhile!!!
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:00:48 AM EDT
[#28]
Standard thread pattern is 1/2x28.  If, however, you're going to mount a sound suppressor, threads may be different  You should contact the manufacturer, many of whom also offer you the option of threads on the suppressor.  So, you may still be able to go with 1/2x28.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:56:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Hey try this site. www.hkperfection.com Im not sure if anyone has seen this site i stumbled on it today. they have a Barrel section maybe you can ask if they can get a threaded barrel? (i didnt see any but worth a try)
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:35:04 PM EDT
[#30]
These are EFK Firedragon barrels.  I've already enquired directly of the manufacturer without result.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:01:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Damn... well ill let you know if i find any!
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top