Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 8/22/2005 1:48:07 PM EDT
Hello,

I just got my first HK pistol it is a used .45 Tactical model.  I paid $800 out the door.  They run about $980 +tax new.   I don't know how many rounds were fired through it but whoever owned it did't clean it all that well.  I would guess at least 1000 rounds.  It still has the original O ring on the barrel and 4 spares in the soft case and the date code says it was produced in 1998.
I shot some weakly loaded hollow point reloads through it this past weekend with no problems at all though the 2 ten round mags.

My question is this.... I was wondering which springs/parts need to be replaced at this point?  After a few more range sessions I may make this my primary home defensive piece.  It will replace the Sig 226 9mm in this role.  Now I'm wondering if I should have just gotten a new one so I wouldn't have to worry about things like this.  Any inpuit would be appreciated.   Thanks.

JMN69
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 2:50:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Its a H&K you don't need anything replaced. It will last many 1000s more. They are built like a tank.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 2:53:28 PM EDT
[#2]
everything is worn and must be replaced. Send it to me for proper disposal
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 3:28:24 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Its a H&K you don't need anything replaced. It will last many 1000s more. They are built like a tank.  

I agree completely.  If there were 1000 rds put through it, I would thank the guy for breaking in the Tac.

I am only considering replacing the recoil spring in my USPF because it is ten years old.  I got mine used and am unsure how many rounds went through it.  Still runs sweet.  I've put 2000 more rounds through it and never a single problem

I'll bet ya that there are still parts in your Tac that hav'nt even completely worn in yet.  Don't start replacing things untill you are having consistant malfunctions with it.  (Don't hold your breath.)

Give the slide and bbl a good scrubbing, a little oil to the trig components, and wipe it down.  It'll run fine.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top