Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2005 9:06:06 PM EDT
I purchased a P9S Combat 9mm this past Saturday at a Tampa gun show for $595....this is my second P9S 9mm.  I sold off my first one many years back.  Needless to say, it's a happy reunion; but was a tad soured today at the range.

I cleaned the gun on Sunday and took the gun on Tuesday with a couple hundred rounds. First off was a box of 50 Remington 115 grain TEMC Leadless rounds which fired with no problems. What a joy it was to fire the gun....if only all 9mm's were as accurate as a P9S.

Next up were a box of 50 Speer 124 grain Gold Dot JHPs......first 15 rounds....no problems....next few rounds....disaster. The rounds were chambering, but not discharging. There weren't any primer hits/marks at all.
Racking the slide after doing "tap, racks" did not result in any "bangs". I later discovered why. The rounds were slipping the extractor into the chamber. As such, racking the slide would not only fail to extract the chambered round, but would also create a double feed malfunction. Further, the extractor was resting on the outer portion of the rim of each cartridge likely creating a gap long enough between the primer and the firing pin....so the firing pin wouldn't reach the primer to discharge the round.

I took the gun home and cleaned it.....especially the bolt and extractor. I chambered some 9mm snap caps....those "rounds" also slipped the extractor and would fail to eject.

Moan, groan......suggestions? Try to get a new extractor, compression spring, bolt head, and/or rollers?

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:08:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Sorry your frustrated. You got a deal on a great handgun which needs some preventive maintenance and repair. As for the extraction: doesn't the P9 have a flutted chamber and have gas blowback to help kick brass out even with a bad extractor?

I would just just chalk up the $595 plus the replacement parts and put your handgun in order.

Here is where you can get all your parts...

http://www.e-gunparts.com/productschem.asp?chrMasterModel=1570zP9S9

Best of luck...
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top