Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2005 2:14:59 PM EDT
Conversations about .45 GAP aside, what do you think?

Personally, I would be interested in a P7M13 in .45 GAP.

-Justin
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 2:31:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I’d be interested. I was just about to ask if H&K has any plans for a USP/USP Compact in .45 GAP. That’s what I’d like to see.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:50:07 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I’d be interested. I was just about to ask if H&K has any plans for a USP/USP Compact in .45 GAP. That’s what I’d like to see.

High capacity?

Would you mind inquiring about a .45 GAP P7M8/13 as well?

Thanks.

Justin
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:46:24 AM EDT
[#3]
I think you would have to use a P7M10 as the base for the model...
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:24:58 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I think you would have to use a P7M10 as the base for the model...

Why so?  H&K could rechamber the P7M13 in .45 GAP and beef up the slide to handle the increased pressure.  A double stack .45 GAP is rather appealing to me.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 1:43:08 PM EDT
[#5]
"The P7M10 slide was beefed up on insistence from German engineers who said that the 9mm slide would not hold up.  The M10 during production enjoyed lukewarm sales at best, due to the reconstructed slide that added so much mass for the heavier recoiling cartridge. "

Basically the dam thing is a boat anchor.  To top heavy.   The M10 has the beefed up slide more so then the M13, and both frames are about the same size also.  Some people used M10 mags in their M13 during the ban or so I've heard.  But it is a mute point because the P7 are no longer in production unless you want to spend mega bucks in custom work.    The tooling to make these fine pistols is going to be destroyed or sold off.  HK was at the cross roads with the M8 and M13 with their tooling.  Spend more money to reinvest in so-so market or say goodbye and hello to the USP.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:45:16 PM EDT
[#6]
In light of the fact that ALL P7-Mx pistols have been discontinued from production I find it highly unlikely that there will ever be one in the .45 GAP.

USPC or USP in GAP, ain't gonna happen.  Why stick a shorter cartridge in a frame that can handle the longer ACP, that would be goofy as all hell and very counter productive.  It could be done in the P2K since that frame is not big enough for the ACP so they COULD use the GAP for that, but I don't think it will happen any time soon.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:50:09 PM EDT
[#7]
I agree with Big-Bore on this one. I think the GAP and the P7xx series are going in the same direction for all together different reasons.

I do love my P7M8 BBQ pistol...
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top