Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 7/18/2005 10:01:41 AM EDT
I put the down payment on a USP Tactical on Friday, will pick it up on my next paycheck. man i am so excited i can't wait,

what acces. does everyone recommend other than a sound suppressor
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 11:20:13 AM EDT
[#1]
First off, congrats, and welcome to the HK side. I'm jealous, all I have is a regular USP45. Picked it up NIB for 600 bucks, just because I thought it was a steal. I should've opted for a tac.
My friend has a tac, he likes his just the way it is. If you want a light, I think the streamlight m2 will get it but I'm not for sure. Also there are alot of muzzle devices out there that everyone here at arfcom likes using, you'll just have to wait until someone more useful posts.
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 11:23:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I plan on getting one of the CCF flash hiders soon. They claim a 30% increase in accuarcy... There a little pricey but Im thinking worth it...
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 1:05:16 PM EDT
[#3]
yeah i am so excited,
it is killing me thinking about it sitting in the back room of that gun shop without me

where is the best place to purchase acces. for the HK line?
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 4:54:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

what acces. does everyone recommend

Ammo. Lots & lots & lots of ammo.    
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 9:39:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Replace the sights with 3-dot target sights.

HK really fucked up putting all black target sights on this handgun.

After adding the M2 and the 3-dot sights, my TAC is now my go-to handgun.  100% trustworthy, dead nuts accurate.
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 6:35:28 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

what acces. does everyone recommend

Ammo. Lots & lots & lots of ammo.    

check, there is a big gun show in houston in the next couple of weekends.

need to refresh my .223 stockpile anyway
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 10:48:58 PM EDT
[#7]
A thread protector is a good purchase.  Protect those threads for when you decide on your suppressor!  
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 4:32:10 AM EDT
[#8]
IMHO the only thing you need is the TP and more importantly, what Bob said, lots and lots of ammo.  While many do not like the sights (and I agree they totally suck for a combat weapon) for a paper punching bad-ass looking pistol (and lets be honest, 99 out of a 100 Tacs sold will never see anything more agressive than a paper cut out of Osama Ben Laden) the match type sights that come on the pistol are outstanding.  So long as you are shooting in bright light at targets with nice white backgrounds and dark targets those sights cannot be beat.  Now if you really are one of those people whose Tac will see "tactical" use and not just an armchair commando like most of us, then those sights have got to go.  Meprolight makes a tall night sight that can still be used with a can and so does Heinie.  I believe AO does also.
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 5:17:47 AM EDT
[#9]
nope i am an armchair commando, maybe a little more active commmando but still like that armchair, yeah i think a TP is a good purchase
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 9:22:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Got a question

where whould i purchase a thread protector?
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 11:23:10 AM EDT
[#11]
My favorite is the one sold by Mark McWillis at TROS.  When I started buying his I did not like the looks of the ones CCF were selling so since I started with Marks, I stayed with Marks.  You do need to use a 3/8" I.D. o-ring at the rear of the threads to lock the TP in place.  The new ones made by CCF look just like Marks but have the o-ring built in.  However, the CCF flash suppressor that I have for my 9SD has the internal o-ring  eats the o-ring about every third time I take it off or put it on.  Plus the internal o-ring makes starting the threads a lot harder IMHO.  So, to be perfectly honest I prefer the TROS TP without the internal o-ring over the internal o-ringed TP by CCF, but both are excellent products and many swear by both.  The o-rings I use on my TP I get from Allorings and are: 3/8 ID x 1/16 CS Viton 75D (durometer) # V1000-012  and sell for $6.50/50 and I have yet to replace one.  You put it in the large groove right before the slide at the rear end of the threads.  The TP then over-rides the o-ring some and it does a wonderful job of keeping the TP in place and it doesn't shoot loose or shoot tight.

Link Posted: 7/20/2005 11:53:07 AM EDT
[#12]
thx, i am think i will buy both a TP and a flash suppressor right away, gotta savwe up for the sound suppressor and the whole NFA thing
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 12:34:03 PM EDT
[#13]
I hear you about the NFA thing.  By the way, I like CCF and Larry is a great guy, but people's taste differ.  The Flash suppressors he makes for the Tac work exactly as he says they do, and they most certainly tighten groups.  However, they are not my cup of tea at all.  I think they look a little clunky hanging off the end of the barrel but most people like the looks of it.  That said, my HK USP9SD shot so badly that I was willing to try anything to break the 3 inch group mark at 25 yards from solid rest.  That is how bad it was shooting with all ammo.  I put that flash suppressor on there and with every ammo I tried it cut groups by half.  Only with the FS on there did this pistol ever break the two inch mark (147 gr. Fiochi giving 5 shots at 25 yards from a solid rest going 1 7/8 inch, down from 3 inches without the FS, and this with several groups, not just one).  My Tacs, Expert, and Elite easily shoot 1 inch groups and even my Compacts shoot 1.5-2 inch groups, but my damned 9SD is a dog.  So while I really do not care for the looks of the FS there is no question THEY WORK.  Just so you know what they look like, here is my 9SD with Jet Funnel and FS.
The 9mm must use a Titanium FS, that is why it is gray.  The Tac .45 and .40 can use the slightly heavier steel FS OK and it will be black instead of gray.

Link Posted: 7/20/2005 1:22:41 PM EDT
[#14]
man the wait is killing me, but thanks for the info. think i will get a steel one, cuz it is black
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 6:50:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Don't forget the Surefire X200.  With the F/S and Tac light, you can have something that will make Robo Cop jealous.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 11:03:59 AM EDT
[#16]
well i picked it up on thursday, sohot it doay,m man it shots like a dream. it was supposed to be used, i don't think it had ever been used looked brand new.

I put 250 rounds through it today at the range, no misfires or problems, with 5 different kinds of ammo.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 6:16:54 PM EDT
[#17]
OK, the Tac was the bait?  Are you good and hooked yet?  If you are are already thinking about your next HK purchase, maybe an Expert, Elite, SOCOM, USPC for carry, or maybe even the Tac .40, then you are solidly hooked and may I say, "Welcome to the club!"
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:26:30 AM EDT
[#18]
actually my next purchase will be a STI 1911, but i could see myself buying another HK in the future
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top