Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 3/8/2005 8:26:33 AM EDT
I feel myself coming over to the darkside, last night I picked up my Colt 1911 and felt my attention wondering back to my freshy fresh brand new precious, USP 45.  My wife caught me mumbling and drooling like Golum, and she said "your possesion own you, you don't own them" at that point I gave her the glazed over look of stupid young teenager and said "you no likey" holding the USP up for her approval.   Of course she walked out saying something to the effect "I just don't understand it" so I said " your not supposed to this is a man thing".

I was justing joking with her, you ladies out there don't flame me for this.  
My wife and I get along just fine as long as I give her the same amount to spend on gardening as I do guns, then she has no problamo.

Back to the point I never thought I would even think of selling my Colt, but the HK USP has a strange grip on me, one for which I can not shake loose from.  I feel myself drifting into darkness...
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 10:19:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Ahhh yes.  I own a USP 45.  But today....  I bought my USP Tactical finaly!

I feel like Darth Maul with TWO light sabers!
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 5:19:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I to have been eyeing "the Tactical", I can feel a disturbance in the force, a feeling of jubilation at the thought of selling the Colt and getting the "the Tactical".
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 10:12:40 AM EDT
[#3]
You should have got the Tactical to begin with and got it over with!
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 1:22:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I was going to get the USP Tac, but here in Minnesota I can buy a suppressor.  
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 1:28:06 PM EDT
[#5]
What do you gain with the Tactical over the standard fullsize USP45? Is it more accurate or just the cool factor of the threaded barrel?
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 1:36:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
What do you gain with the Tactical over the standard fullsize USP45? Is it more accurate or just the cool factor of the threaded barrel?

Threaded barrel, o ringed barrel, taller, better, adjustable sights and an adjustable match trigger. And the Tacticalmarkings and such.
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 7:25:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Don't sell the Colt.
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 10:31:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Oh!  Oh!  Don't forget the cool "loaded chamber indicator".

The Force is strong with this one.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 11:19:30 AM EDT
[#9]
There is a large Evil gun show that is on the horizon in my area, it is sucking me in like the deathstar, unrelenting in its power.  Not to mention the Knob Creek event horizon less then a month away, OH! the horror, the horror...   Must have "The Tactical".
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 11:34:05 AM EDT
[#10]
...and a cool soft case ,...and  an H&K marked cleaning kit.

Link Posted: 3/10/2005 3:05:04 PM EDT
[#11]
When I got my P2K I had the same problem. My once beloved Walther P99 just doesn't seem as wondeful as it once was. That P2K is a beast.

I don't know about darkside, something just felt very very right with the Force when I put my first mag through my H&K.

No big hurry on any new handguns because they all feel unsubstantial compared to my H&K. It's a common problem I think.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 5:13:00 PM EDT
[#12]
I agree, it is a force that feels quite right in the world.  Sometimes we just can't see that one lone beacon of a firearm, sitting behind the counter through the fog of the glass display cases before us.
The HK usp 45 truely is a sight to behold.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 10:18:12 PM EDT
[#13]
LOS...  Who makes that holster?  It looks comfortable.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 10:23:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Looks like a Galco. I have three of them, two fr the USP and one for my Kimber.
Link Posted: 3/10/2005 10:25:35 PM EDT
[#15]
I need more guns.....

That and sex is what I'm usually thinking about.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 11:08:32 AM EDT
[#16]

My wife and I get along just fine as long as I give her the same amount to spend on gardening as I do guns, then she has no problamo.

Your wife must have one hell of a garden!  

Nick
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 11:28:44 AM EDT
[#17]
They do tend to grow on you.

When I bought my .45 fullsize I wasn't all that sure I liked the way it handled.  Now after taking it through many practice sessions, multiple IDPA matches, and a tactical rifle class, she and I are like hand-in-glove.

Little USP anecdote for ya...

At my last tac-rifle class, one COF required 2 rounds high COM to a 5 yd target, drop to kneeling position and ring the steel at 50 yd, drop to the prone and ring the steel at 100 yd.

My M4gery experienced a doublefeed after engaging the first target.  Dropped to kneeling and went through clearing drill with no luck.  Well we were wearing pistols, mine in my HSGI thigh rig, and after I remembered my USP drew it, took a good half-front-sight-post-holdover, took a deep breath and "BANG....ding" got the 50 yard target!  Thinking I was ever so lucky I fell into the prone, took a healthy one-whole-front-sight-post-holdover and.... "BANG.........ding".

I was grinning from ear to ear after hitting a 100 yd steel with my USP!
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 11:38:55 AM EDT
[#18]
I traded a S&W 45 that I could not hit with for my USP 45.  I was hooked when I hit a tin can three times in a row.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 10:26:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Well I finally got to shoot my USP, Ironhorse6 and I blew through about 200rnds or more.  He has a very nice Kimber set up that I like to shoot.  I digress, back to the USP I was not at all used to the trigger pull, which to a few rounds to adjust too   I also, have a laser set up on it, which changed my normal way of holding the pistol.  
With that said said the laser was dead on, and I was able to clover leaf rnds.  I put to almost on top of each other another off to the right and then 2 more right on top of each other.  I have never shot that well with my Colt,  I still have more practice to do to get used to my new hold.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 4:49:58 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I remembered my USP drew it, took a good half-front-sight-post-holdover, took a deep breath and "BANG....ding" got the 50 yard target!  Thinking I was ever so lucky I fell into the prone, took a healthy one-whole-front-sight-post-holdover and.... "BANG.........ding".

I was grinning from ear to ear after hitting a 100 yd steel with my USP!

sounds awesome man...did you expect anything less
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 7:32:43 PM EDT
[#21]
I look at it this way:

My wife doesn't understand guns.  She RESPECTS the fact that I could be spending the money on hookers and beer.  

This arrangement has worked well for us.

Note:  If your wife is for some reason partial to hookers and beer, I can't help you.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 7:51:32 PM EDT
[#22]
On a more serious note:

I had a revelation with my USP 9mm stainless a couple of weeks ago.  I've owned the gun for almost 4 years, but didn't get to shoot it much.  I had traded a 9mm USP compact for it; I just could not get the thing to shoot straight, but I loved the USP design and reliability and thought the longer site radius would help me out.

A couple of months ago I started shooting regularly again.  Dusted off the old USP and took it to the range, where once again, found myself shooting low.  Put adjustable Meprolights on it a week ago, and gave myself an ultimatum;  it shoots straight at the range today, or its going on the blocks.  

For the first half hour it wasn't going well.  Rented a 1911 .45 and was having somewhat better luck with it.  As luck would have it, a U.S. Air Marshal was qualifying in the lane next to me with a Federal instructor.  The instructor certainly sounded like he knew what he was talking about, so when they finished up, I asked if he'd put a few downrange with my USP.  He was more than happy, and after emptying a mag, he showed me his group and proclaimed:

"Beautiful gun: its shooting WAY high !"

Preposterous !  So, he told me he could prove it.  He had me strike up a conversation with his pupil, and while I wasn't paying attention, loaded my mag with a couple of spent cartridges.  Sure enough:

Bang !  Bang !  Click... FLINCH !!!

Anticipating the recoil.  Man, what a tool I'd been.  He then gave me a few pointers, and within a few minutes I had adjusted the rear site down from its sky-high perch and was punching jaggedf holes in the center at 21 feet consistently.  Somthing so simple, so easy to correct.  I THOUGHT I had my technique down pretty well.  Think again...

So now I felt bad about that USP compact I had forsaken years ago.  What could I do to repent for this gross injustice?  

Easy:  Ordered a USP Compact .45 (stainless - I have this thing for stainless) today  

So yes, I know all about USP's growing on you.  Unfortunately, I have found it to be like a fungus; almost impossible to stop.  
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top