Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2002 11:14:31 AM EDT
Anyone fire/own one of these?  There seem like lots of places to mount rails and new toys on this, but how does it perform?
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 11:07:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I had one. Very cool gun. Handy, light weight,, etc. The top area o fthe grip where the web of your hand goes at, was very uncomfortable to me. Was too wide and square. My thumb knuckle would hurt a bit. If there was something to be done about that, I would have probably kept it. The 10 round mags didnt bother me in the least. Just carried 5 or 6 of them.
Link Posted: 5/24/2002 8:55:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I picked up a USC this week and it's fun to shoot!  I also dyed it a maroonish color (which got some thumbs ups and thumbs downs) and got a bunch of mags.  I find holding the rifle lower on the handgrip keeps the safety switch from slamming into the web of my hand, and wearing flight gloves (or whatever you have handy) makes firing comfortable.  I hear the SW hi-cap conversion is out.  Has anyone tried it out?
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 2:20:38 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I picked up a USC this week and it's fun to shoot!  I also dyed it a maroonish color (which got some thumbs ups and thumbs downs) and got a bunch of mags.  I find holding the rifle lower on the handgrip keeps the safety switch from slamming into the web of my hand, and wearing flight gloves (or whatever you have handy) makes firing comfortable.  I hear the SW hi-cap conversion is out.  Has anyone tried it out?

I know nothing...  but you might want to read this thread before getting a conversion:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=83968

Edited:
Oops, just noticed you posted in there. Got any pics of that maroon weapon? USC's are a little "different" anyway. I would like to see what that looks like if you don't mind. If you do, that's cool :)
Link Posted: 5/25/2002 2:55:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I got more than one comment that my USC looked like a toy gun dyed maroon, and I felt that a real rifle has no business being mistaken as a toy, so I went ahead and dyed it black.  I did take some photos of it in maroon, but you might have to wait a little while for those to get developed.  I'll be sure to scan and post them though.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top