Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 10/20/2013 9:37:50 AM EDT
Have what I think is a favorable trade offer for one. Any problems with them? What would a quick sale price be if I didn't like it?
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 11:51:13 AM EDT
[#1]
No. $500.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 1:46:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Can the safety be swapped from the right to left side without a gunsmith or new parts? Any YouTube videos?
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 3:12:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can the safety be swapped from the right to left side without a gunsmith or new parts? Any YouTube videos?
View Quote

The same safety lever cannot be swapped back and forth on the same gun.  
There is a right side and a left side safety lever, and an ambidextrous safety lever.

It can be done without a gunsmith.  There are videos.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 3:27:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Only problem is they tend to multiply.

Pic when I'm home......

My family:
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 4:23:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

No, you need to buy a left hand safety, but no gunsmithing req'd.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 9:55:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This......just make sure you do your homework before tearing into your pistol. They are a bit more difficult to disassemble than most as far as I'm concerned. But completely doable.
And yes, Ive done a few ambi safety swaps.

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 9:53:46 PM EDT
[#7]
A few years ago I posted a picture guide of the process to take it completely apart. Try doing a search here. It would be archived by now.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:25:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Lot of helpful guides, also what I do is use your cell phone camera (I figure most 99% of us have them, right?) and take pics as you go. Sometimes I look at what I have going on, and some online guide and I cant see the piece just right, that I am having concerns with, so I started taking my own pics of how things come apart and it has been helpful if I get stuck, or God forbid- I get interrupted and don't get back to the project for a day or two!!
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:54:30 PM EDT
[#9]
USP's are good to go!

As others have stated right hand, left hand, and ambi safety levers exist.  You can find them at places like HKParts.net.

Plenty of YouTube videos on how to dissemble yourself.  Go slow and pay attention.  I recommend this video.

Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top