Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 10/17/2013 7:59:18 PM EDT
Title says it all. Just looking to put this to bed once and for all. Google seems to suggest that post 2003 USPs have firing pin blocking features. My reading on the P2000 and SK was not quite as definitive.

Can any of you confirm that new production USPs and P2000/SKs have firing pin blocks and are therefore immune to inertial AD/NDs?

LTC
Link Posted: 10/17/2013 9:57:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you suggesting that early, or late, USP models do not have a firing pin safety?

AFAIK every USP and later types have firing pin safeties.
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 5:55:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Can any of you confirm that new production USPs and P2000/SKs have firing pin blocks and are therefore immune to inertial AD/NDs?

LTC
View Quote

Yes, they have it.  

Practically all semi automatic pistols today have some type of firing pin blocking system.
(Yes, there are exceptions)

May I ask, why do you ask this question?
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 6:21:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I suspect it's this:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1545936_how_has_your_day_been_so_far___I_just_had_a_ND_in_the_bathroom_at_the_office_UPDATE_OP.html

Practically all semi automatic pistols today have some type of firing pin blocking system.
(Yes, there are exceptions)

This.  Understand that, as far as new production handguns, 1911s made specifically without a firing pin block are an exception.

HK even put a firing pin block in the 416 rifle, it's almost inconceivable that there are USP or similar current models without one.
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 6:47:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Gamma pretty much nailed it. My EDC is a 1911 right now which I like but I plan on replacing it with a P2000SK whenever I come across the right deal. I had never even heard of this before that guy posted his AD incident. Despite the remote chances of this happening it does concern me. I want an SK anyway but before I bought one I wanted to be sure. I have a USPT in 45 now and really have become fond if it although its now really a CCW. If the stars align by sometime around April I should be screwing a Tirant 45 on it!

And as to the pre-2003 remark it looked on Google that there was some kind of design change to the USP in particular around 03 that may or may not have been a pin safety. As with all interwebz research it was wishy washy so I figured I could settle this once and for all here.
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 2:35:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Pre 2003 USPs most assuredly have firing pin safeties.

Essentially any handgun designed in the last 30 years or more will have one.

The changes in 2003 may have been changing to a different design firing pin which might have required a different part for the firing pin safety, but the functionality is there on both.
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 2:11:28 AM EDT
[#6]
In 2003 they switched to a redesigned firing pin.

All USPs have a firing pin safety. I own a USPc9, you will love the P2000 SK. I would probably trade my usp for a p2000sk if I ever can across one. It seems to me that any of the compact HKs are not easy to come across. I see full-size HKs all over, but rarely do I see compacts around my area.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:12:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
My EDC is a 1911 right now which I like but I plan on replacing it with a P2000SK whenever I come across the right deal.
View Quote

I did the same thing a few months ago.  The SK is a great carry gun.  I still occasionally carry my Ed Brown Kobra Carry 1911 ( and it's still my favorite range gun), but the HK is now my primary.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top