Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 4/9/2002 8:57:15 PM EDT
After failing to master the double-action on my USP, I shelved it and got a Glock.

But the Glock broke, so now I'm reconsidering the USP.

I found my USP double-action was not only long, but gritty. I tried plenty of oil, but that didn't fix it. Any ideas?

Also, I thought there was some creep on the single-action. It was better than Glock-action, but nowhere near as good as 1911 single-action.

Any tips?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 6:27:06 AM EDT
[#1]
This may sound dumb, but short of taking it apart, I will sit and watch TV while "working the action". And on the single action, I push forward on the hammer (cocked) as I pull the trigger, it seems to wear in the parts quicker. At least it works for me. (Of course making sure gun is empty and a snap cap is in place)
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 6:45:43 AM EDT
[#2]
If it's got less than a thousand round through it, sit and work the trigger as anothergene suggests.

If you're still not satisfied with that, get the match trigger pack from Cal's Sporting Armory. www.calssportingarmory.com/HK%20Pistol%20Accessories.htm

It's about 3/4 of the way down the page, under Upgrades, for $95.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 10:34:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks. It's a compact, so the match-trigger isn't an option; but I can watch tv well, I'll try wearing in the action while I do.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 11:24:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I love HK's but thier triggers arent that good all.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 3:15:44 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Yeah, I don't get why modern triggers are inferior to the 1911 trigger. Those 1911 triggers are perfect.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 7:08:40 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, I don't get why modern triggers are inferior to the 1911 trigger. Those 1911 triggers are perfect.

Someone correct me if i'm wrong but..

I believe this is the case with most "modern" triggers because obeing double action, there are more parts.

more parts=more surface contact areas=more friction/more drag.

A 1911 trigger is a rather simple single action trigger. God bless John Browning
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 9:41:00 AM EDT
[#7]
After firing over 1K rounds through each of mine and dry firing even more than that, the triggers on mine seem to have "smoothed" out.

A good cleaning also helped. I had let all manner of crud gradually accumulate inside the frame. Despite being virtually indestructible and completely reliable, this build up made the triggers "grittier." Some patient work w/ some pipe cleaners helped. The oil you used may even increase the amount of crud that builds up.

When I compare it to my friends' 1911s or S&W revolvers, I can definitely tell the difference. But I guess I've practiced with mine enough that I don't notice (or am not affected by) how gritty it might feel.

While the match trigger might not be an option, the LEM might be. I've read good things about it (although I've never experienced one). I'm not sure if it's available as an aftermarket option though.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top