Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2002 11:17:53 PM EDT
Well, after a brief wait (approx. 1 1/2 months) my USP has arrived.

Now i'm thinking of doing two things:

1) Installing an aftermarket barrel with the provision for the O-ring, and

2) Getting the match trigger.

Now, i've asked elsewhere and the general consensious (?sp) was to shoot it first as the trigger will improve with use and I may find the O-ring unnecessary.

Well, i'm wondering if anyone knows to what degree does the o-ring improve accuracy and (after use) does the match trigger seem better than the stock or is it that close.

Your thoughts are appreciated as I like to get many opinions from many different sources.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/4/2002 9:54:42 PM EDT
[#1]
An O-Ring?  Im just not sure if it will make this gun anymore accurate than it is out of the box.   As for the trigger, you might want to put 500 rounds or so through it first,  mine seemed to improve a little.

Hope this helps
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 6:38:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the USP45 Tactical, which comes with the O-ring barrel and the match trigger. I was very favorably impressed with the accuracy of the Tactical over the USP45f. Also, the match trigger is much smoother than the standard.

I don't think I could quantify it in numbers or in words that will allow you to easily judge the worth of the two to you, but I'm glad I've got them. Those are really the only difference, aside from adjustable rear sights and the threads on the barrel, between the USP45f and the USP45 Tactical.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 5:40:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought my USP .45 SS last year. I actually put the match trigger in I sorta made an impulsive buy, it was my first gun. I was to do it all over again, I would of bought the tactical.

But, I wanted to carry this weapon so I didn't buy the tactical, do to large bulky sights, and longer barrel, plus I loved the stainless steel slide look of the USP.  

As far as the O-ringed barrel is considered, to answer this question, it would be easier to talk about what the O-rind is actually doing.
For those that don't know, here ya go.

The barrel of USP isn't fixed to frame, so it moves up and down when recoil of action is happening. There's a possibility it won't be in the EXACT same position when it comes back into battery. How exact is the question, and according to HK, this O-ring assures its in same spot everytime.

Its my opinion, that you wouldn't see a noticeable until you were at longer ranges, say maybe at 25 meters.

I don't shoot handguns at that distances, so I'm cool. I love the match trigger though. I can't wait to get it to the range.  

Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top