Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 9/25/2004 3:32:48 AM EDT
I was at a gun dealer the other day and got to handle a USP compact, two tone in .40S&W. I really liked the feel. It was equiped with tritium sights. If I remember correctly the price was $675.00.  Is this the going price?  

Joe
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 3:41:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a good price.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:03:25 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd say high for used, even if in excellent condition, low for new.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 10:48:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I pretty sure it was new. I asked about the same weapon in 45acp (not in stock) and he gave me a price of $785.  I already own three 45s and am toying with the idea of getting a 40.  Anyone out there have the compact in 40?  How do you like it?
Thanks for the feedback
Joe
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 12:06:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I have it in .357 sig which is practically the same thing.  i love it to death, i say go for it, thats a great price new
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 7:30:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a .45compact, it fits my hand like a glove.
Great pistols.  I'm eyeing a 9mm compact as funds allow.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:21:45 AM EDT
[#6]
That is a pretty good price for a .40 compact with the stainless slide (I am assuming that is what you meant by two-tone), especially if it is new.  If you look around and you're very patient, you might be able to do a little better, but not much.  Best thing about the .40 (or the .357 Sig) compact is that you can pick up a barrel for $150.00 and swap calibers between the two using the same mags.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:47:51 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I pretty sure it was new. I asked about the same weapon in 45acp (not in stock) and he gave me a price of $785.  I already own three 45s and am toying with the idea of getting a 40.  Anyone out there have the compact in 40?  How do you like it?
Thanks for the feedback
Joe

That aint a terrible price, kinda right in the standard range from what I see.I have the SS .40C...How do I like it?...Without a doubt I feel it is the absolute best design of handgun I've ever come across.  The best two hand "combat grip" there is.  Reliabilty is automatic, EVERYTIME.  I've had two expieriences were SEVERE brain farts have taught me the durability of the weapon.(both of which I hope noone ever hears about) And all my freinds that shoot Glocks always want to play with it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 1:23:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Well I went back and asked if that was the lowest price he could do and he knocked off 50 bucks.  The gun is NIB for  $625.00 How could any reasonable, thinking person walk away. Got my permit amended within an hour and picked up the weapon.. Can't wait to hit the range.  Big question now is what load to use for carry?  Feedback please?
Cheers
Joeren
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:22:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Congrats on the purchase, dude.  You wont be dissappointed.
As for defense loads, I love Cor-bon Powr'Ball=FMJ feeding/reliability with JHP performance.
Also really like Cor-Bon 150gr. JHP +P=1400fps
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 3:21:11 PM EDT
[#10]
I've heard nothing but good about  Hydra-shock and Gold Dot.  I'd say either at would be a safe bet with whatever grain bullet you like.    I don't really go for the +P stuff.  The few extra fps don't seem worth the extra recoil, noise, wear and tear on the gun(if you practice with it like you should), and muzzle flash (most shoots supposedly take place in low light conditions).  Plus, I heard that much of the "extra" you get from +P is lost in shorter barrels where the gases have less room to expand.  I could be wrong, but the reasoning seems sound.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 7:35:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Go with the 155 or 180 grain Gold Dots.  They meet FBI specs and are super reliable.  I use Gold Dots or Winchester Rangers in everything I carry.  Both rounds meet FBI specs as well as the Federal Tactical loads.  I know that the Corbon loads don't do well on the FBI tests.  Good expansion, but not enough penetration.  You can look up the results on the ammo section.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:08:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Many thanks to all for the ammo suggestions.  I got to the range a few time already and was very impressed with the way the HK performed. I used some OTS FMJ Winchester ammo from WalMart and some 165 JHPs also from Winchester.  Recoil was much lighter than that of my Colt Defender. I think I'll give the 180gr Gold Dots a roll.  I carried the HK over the weekend in Boston, MA using a nylon holster that I've had for a while. Although it was quite comfortable I think that it would be quite slow and the Velcro strap would not stay on when the hammer was back, so I had to carry hammer down. I ordered a Fobus pancake holster today.  
heersJoe
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:16:35 PM EDT
[#13]
I had one in .45 it was to square and sharp edged around the muzzle/business end. I don't know if the .40's are smaller or not. My $0.02
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:34:04 PM EDT
[#14]
If you like the Kydex stuff, check out a company called FIST.  They custom make quality holsters at good prices.  - They also do leather of course.  
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:00:36 PM EDT
[#15]
I bought a 9mm for $615.00 new and they were selling the .40 for $659.00 new.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top