Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 1/22/2011 10:42:18 AM EDT
Just wondering if anyone has picked one of these up? I am about to get one, from the pics on the site they look brand new! At $455 for a usp with lem trigger, jet funnel and two 18rd mags I don't see how I could go wrong... Any input or pics of one that someone received would be great, thanks

okay, so i picked up my USP today and I couldnt be happier! this thing is MINT! the pictures dont even do it justice, there is zero holster wear, the only wear is a small amount of normal function wear (top of barrel, as pictured and inside the slide. the date code is AF and there are no dept markings on the gun. the night sights seem to be pretty well depleted, but thats to be expected on a six year old gun. the trigger feels great and everything operates smooth. The magazines are in good shape, both were used and had some finish wear on the base plate, but is wasnt too bad, one had a dept marking in sharpie, looks like it will come off with some solvent. also, this gun came in VERY clean and with a good coating of gun oil on everything so they were stored properly.

the real kicker is that this came with the original case (matching #) original fired casing (matching#) and original manual! i cant believe it!

and now,.. the pics!

Edit to add, I said that the night sights seemed to be depleted, but after getting the gun home and putting it next to a lamp for a few seconds the sights have a pretty bright glow to them, not as good as new but bright enough to see in dim light and in the dark they shine like crazy!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 4:31:25 PM EDT
[#1]
That's a good price for the jet funnel model, IMO.
Link Posted: 1/22/2011 6:35:28 PM EDT
[#2]
link?
Link Posted: 1/23/2011 5:22:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Can't believe that no one has heard about these! SOG has been selling them since September. Sorry, can't post a link, you have to have an ffl on file with them to view firearms on the website, or to order firearms.

Link Posted: 1/23/2011 5:22:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Double tap

Link Posted: 1/23/2011 5:28:20 AM EDT
[#5]
How bout giving us a cold link via email or message? I'd like to forward to my ffl!
Link Posted: 1/23/2011 10:14:48 AM EDT
[#6]
The link won't work unless you are signed into their website. Just have your ffl give them a call, it's the only h&k they have right now, so there shouldn't be any mix-ups. Their # is 1-800-944-4867, if your ffl isn't on file with them he can fax his ffl to 1-513-932-8928, the fax line is open 24 hrs and it usually takes less than 24 hrs for them to set up with a new ffl.

Link Posted: 1/23/2011 11:05:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Be careful with SOG.  These pistols have been available for quite a while from several different vendors such as AIMS and Gordon Miller.  I personally will not do business with SOG after they did us a royal screwing on some Israeli marked 98s.  They were said to be in very good to excellent condition and 12 were ordered.  We got junk, rusted, damaged, parts missing, something nobody else in the world would have rated better than fair.  And they would not take them back.
So while the pistols being sold by others were in like new condition, beware, these may be the bottom of the barrel.  If you buy, make sure you check on return policy first and verify what they mean by the condition they list them as being.
Link Posted: 1/23/2011 12:01:40 PM EDT
[#8]
I have bought many firearms from SOG with nothing but excellent products and service, I hate to hear that they did you wrong, but in my thinking these things are still a steal even if the finish is badly worn. The mags and jetfunnel alone are worth well over $100. I'm going to order one tomorrow, I'll put up some pics when it comes in, for others that may be curious.

Link Posted: 1/23/2011 1:44:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for info. I will wait for your results
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 12:32:37 PM EDT
[#10]
okay, I was a little slow ordering the gun. I thought being that i had a C&R and was allowed to view prices on all guns that i would be able to order non c&r guns and have them shipped to my 01ffl... not the case. so i had to screw around and get in contact with him, tell him where to find it, he had to update his ffl with them, yada, yada, yada long story short it didnt get ordered till today. should be here either wed or thurs depending on when it ships. I will give an update then with pics!
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 6:41:16 AM EDT
[#11]
I have one of the surplus USP 9s with LEM and JF, and while it does exhibit alot of wear, the gun is overall very good to go, especially for the price.  I do not know if it came from SOG (I got it secondhand) but it's likely from the same source.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:29:57 AM EDT
[#12]
there was a very large dump of these on the market and lots of folks were selling them and they varied from fair to excellent condition, SOG listed theirs as very good to excellent condition. I have a buddy with one from another wholesaler that I would call good condition( shot little and moderate holster wear) I was just hoping that the dog ones were in good cosmetic shape. I still think it's a deal even with heavy holster wear! Can't wait to pick mine up

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 8:54:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Here is a two page thread on these, with pictures:  It's on page six of this HK section, but let me help you out...
Mine was perfect. Night sights even work.  I have had less than stellar luck with SOG, but they have always taken back crappy guns if I paid shipping back.   Once, I had to return a gun twice to get one that met the basic definition of their grade scale.

These are great guns, I love mine. I paid extra for hand select.  that does not gaurantee condition!

Light modules go for about $100 on EGay.

CDNN has them (no jet funnel) for $435...and used 18 round mags for $30 (CFSystems has the 18 rounders for the same).  So, the SOG price still is the best!
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 3:52:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Can someone point me in the right direction on these? I'm gonna be in the market for a USP9 probably by the end of the month. I can't find anything on SOG or CDNN about these ~$400 USP9s??
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 4:04:12 PM EDT
[#15]
You have to be a dealer to order from either of those places, just have your local ffl call them and order one for you.

Link Posted: 2/2/2011 4:24:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
You have to be a dealer to order from either of those places, just have your local ffl call them and order one for you.

So $455 from SOG w/ jet funnel, LEM kit, night sights, and 2 18 round mags or $435 from CDNN bone stock? How hard is it to change from an LEM trigger to regular or match?
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 4:57:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Most people want to go from v1 to lem, so some smiths will trade parts an do it for very cheap, but I will admit that I was a die hard v1 fan... Until feeling the lem trigger. It really is nice and I think I am going to keep it

Link Posted: 2/2/2011 5:04:40 PM EDT
[#18]
What is the deal with the LEM trigger?
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 5:13:54 PM EDT
[#19]
It's a dao trigger that has a very light pull, super clean break and a much shorter reset than the single action guns

Link Posted: 2/2/2011 5:48:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Main thing I don't like is the inability to carry cocked and locked.
Link Posted: 2/3/2011 10:15:29 AM EDT
[#21]
I've been looking at adding one of these t othe collection. Not sure if the LEM trigger is something I want to "learn" since all my H&K's are V3's.

Thats a really good price though. Did you get a hand-select one ? Wonder if they are all the same condition.
Link Posted: 2/3/2011 2:19:57 PM EDT
[#22]
I didn't pay for hand select, so it was luck of the draw, but their catalog lists them as very good to excellent condition, so they should all look pretty good. As far as the trigger goes I felt the same way as you. I fully expected to trade my lem parts for v1 parts as soon as I got it, but the trigger really is outstanding. It's hard to explain but between the light da pull(kinda reminds me of the para lda trigger) and the shorter reset I can see why most people say they shoot better with the lem than any other variant.

And even if you decide you don't like it, people are always willing to swap other variant parts for lem parts as the lem triggers are a more common conversion and I think the lem parts are actually more expensive than the other variants.

Link Posted: 2/4/2011 6:14:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Fine looking pistol !  Congratulations.  
Link Posted: 2/11/2011 1:12:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Do they offer this deal FTF? I mean, do they have a storefront where I could go in and buy one? I live near where the shop is located but I have never been there.
Link Posted: 2/12/2011 4:28:34 PM EDT
[#25]
I picked up mine today...other than not having the spent case and the manual, it looks like the OP's. This is a good deal IMHO.
Link Posted: 2/14/2011 8:59:15 AM EDT
[#26]
WTF OP, I ordered mine over two months ago and it only came with the gun and mag...no original box/papers....

The LEM is nice for what it is, but I still think I would rather have a DA/SA with a safety, anyone know a smith who would be willing to do it on the cheap?
Link Posted: 2/14/2011 10:01:28 AM EDT
[#27]
this guy has very reasonable prices, quick turnaround time. he only lists the v1 to LEM conversion, but im sure he would do the opposite. Probably could work out a deal to let him keep your old LEM parts for a discount on the work.

Bill Springfield trigger work
Link Posted: 2/14/2011 11:49:47 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
WTF OP, I ordered mine over two months ago and it only came with the gun and mag...no original box/papers....

The LEM is nice for what it is, but I still think I would rather have a DA/SA with a safety, anyone know a smith who would be willing to do it on the cheap?

You can do it yourself if you research a "how to" on HKPRO .com

The "safety" part should run you about $40 and the trigger parts might be a little bit of coin but on the flip side, you can sell the LEM parts to make up the cash. Good luck.
Link Posted: 2/16/2011 7:29:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Being new to HK pistols, What is a Funnel Jet?  Also, besides SOG who else has these?  I talked to my FFL dealer today and he refuses to have anything to do with SOG.  He said that awhile back they really s&%$#d him over.  He is going to call CDNN tomorrow and see what he can get as far as a USP for under $500.  

BikerScout
Sunny AZ
Link Posted: 2/16/2011 8:10:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Being new to HK pistols, What is a Funnel Jet?  Also, besides SOG who else has these?  I talked to my FFL dealer today and he refuses to have anything to do with SOG.  He said that awhile back they really s&%$#d him over.  He is going to call CDNN tomorrow and see what he can get as far as a USP for under $500.  

BikerScout
Sunny AZ

Jet Funnel is nothing more than a piece of metal that attached to the mag well that allows 18 round mags to fit flush on the USP.

My FFL also said SOG sent him a bunch of pistols all jacked up after he paid the "hand picked" fee, he still deals with them though.

Link Posted: 2/17/2011 10:43:15 AM EDT
[#31]
as far as i know SOG is the only place that still has these, but I dont know for sure.

just my .02, but if my dealer refused to purchase something with MY money based on a personal biased (or perceived injustice) I would find a new dealer...
Link Posted: 2/17/2011 12:28:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Not so easy for me.  The next nearest FFL dealer is 80 miles away.  Unless gas prices go down significantly I am afraid i'm stuck with him.

BikerScout
Sunny AZ
Link Posted: 2/17/2011 12:44:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Not so easy for me.  The next nearest FFL dealer is 80 miles away.  Unless gas prices go down significantly I am afraid i'm stuck with him.

BikerScout
Sunny AZ

hate to hear that... I'm sure your guy can find you a USP for $500, but it likely it will be the standard version and wont compare with these from SOG. the SOG guns have night sights (+$85), two 18rd LE marked jetfunnel mags (+$60) the jetfunnel itself (+$120) the LEM trigger (+$140) and they are in excellent condition with an H&K hard case. when you start adding up all the options this gun is an absolute steal.
Link Posted: 2/17/2011 2:56:12 PM EDT
[#34]
What Variant is it that SOG has?
The OP looks like he got a Variant 7 or 8.  Also, one more thing.  What was the item # from SOG and price break down?  Thinking i might find a FFL else where if i have atrip out of town.

BikerScout
Sunny AZ
Link Posted: 2/17/2011 6:04:14 PM EDT
[#35]
The guns from SOG are known as the LEM (law enforcement modification) it Is a dao with a very light take-up, light crisp trigger break and a short reset. If you find another dealer to handle the transfer, they won't have any trouble finding it on the website or ordering over the phone, it's the only h&k pistol they have right now. They are still on sale for $455(regular price is 479, sale is good at least till the end of the month maybe longer), shipping usually under $20 and then whatever your ffl will charge.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 8:57:35 AM EDT
[#36]
Any idea if these are still available from SOG?
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 4:35:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Just checked––listed as "out of stock".
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top