Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 9/18/2010 6:53:39 PM EDT
SOG sent me a flier saying they have 9mm USPs in stock.  I dislike their service (i ordered a romanian tokarev with a cracked pin but they wanted me to pay shipping and other fees to replace it), but the price seems pretty awesome.

http://www.southernohiogun.com/new-arrivals/handk-usp-9mm-pistol.html
i don't own any HK guns, but it seems like this pistol also comes with a jet funnel.  i tried sending them an email today asking what kind of trigger it has.  i'm extremely tempted to order one (even though i want an m1 garand and just bought 3 cav arm mkii lowers earlier this month)

i currently shoot glocks (mostly my ccw 19, and occasionaly my 17 and 29), a RIA 1911 and a buckmark mostly.  

what can yall tell me about usp 9mm pistols, particularly the one in the link based on limited info?
Link Posted: 9/18/2010 7:29:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd go for it, especially at that price.

Around here, those go for 575-675 used in good condition, without the jet funnel or 2 high cap mags.

The jet funnel plus the two mags make it worth it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2010 8:34:07 AM EDT
[#2]
I hold mine in the same esteem as I hold my Glocks and it has never, ever failed me. For that price, it's a good deal with all the goodies.
Link Posted: 9/19/2010 10:25:20 AM EDT
[#3]
I had to sell a USP compact 45 several years ago and regreted it almost immediatley. Since then, I have had numerous Sigs and Glocks and have traded and/or sold numerous Sigs and Glocks. I recently picked up a USP compact in 9mm and wondered why I took so long getting back into the HK game, but I am glad I did. They are very nice handguns, you can't go wrong with the USP's especially for that price.
Link Posted: 9/20/2010 7:20:23 PM EDT
[#4]
SOG sucks, good luck ordering from those dolts
Link Posted: 9/20/2010 7:32:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

i've ordered 2 tokarevs from then and wasn't pleased with the service, but this seems to be a great deal.  too bad they wont reply to my email and tell me what trigger variant these come with.  i'd like a double/single action with safety only (no decocker), but would probably take anything except DAO (LEM maybe)
Link Posted: 9/21/2010 6:11:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Did you get her yet???

If not............................WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU WAITING FOR!?!?!?!?!?!?

USED ones go for $700+

Magazines will be expensive though.....$60+
Link Posted: 9/21/2010 6:33:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

i've ordered 2 tokarevs from then and wasn't pleased with the service, but this seems to be a great deal.  too bad they wont reply to my email and tell me what trigger variant these come with.  i'd like a double/single action with safety only (no decocker), but would probably take anything except DAO (LEM maybe)

I'd put money on the fact that it's LEM.
Link Posted: 9/22/2010 3:20:32 PM EDT
[#8]
i tried calling today around 4pm central today.  a chick picked up the phone and said she doesn't know what trigger is on it either and the guys in the warehouse left at 330 their time (i was 30 minutes late).  she says there are a bunch in stock, so no rush.    i also got an email from midwayusa about mag sales, but there aren't any 18rd usp 9mm mags in stock.  they do have p7psp and p7m8 mags in stock and on sale if yall need http://www.midwayusa.com/Promotion/default.aspx?promotionid=390068&eblastid=92220105&custnum=101186659&utm_source=BIGimage&utm_medium=eblast92220105 i was thinking if they had the 18rd mags in stock, it'd be a sign from the pistol gods to buy it today

eta i called this morning and they said there were no boxesand the pistols had no saftey lever.  now im debating if i want a range toy since i doubt i can conceal it well especially with the jet funnel.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/23/2010 6:30:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I hold mine in the same esteem as I hold my Glocks and it has never, ever failed me. For that price, it's a good deal with all the goodies.

This.
Same experience.

Link Posted: 9/24/2010 5:20:14 PM EDT
[#10]
I got one today.  

Police trade in that has seen considerable use and holster wear.  Definitely not VG condition, as described.  

Took 3 weeks to get it.

I will say it again, SOG sucks and they are a nightmare to deal with
Link Posted: 10/10/2010 5:42:55 PM EDT
[#11]
i shot my brother's p2000 and thought "damn i shold get that USP".  i was disappointed to see aim was sold out of the USPs with lights, so i bit the bullet and placed an order with SOG...we'll see how things turn out.
Link Posted: 10/10/2010 11:24:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Id bet money it has the V1 LEM trigger. Very nice in my opinion. A local shop had some of these, but with 5 jf mags AND the insight light for $600. I got two.
Link Posted: 10/11/2010 12:32:56 AM EDT
[#13]
I just picked up the same thing from AIM about 6 weeks ago. The police trade in I got came with an HK tac light, and I still felt like i was getting a great deal @ $700.  I would have been all over this deal if I would have seen it, but having the light it pretty cool.  

Here is a thread that I started about mine, overal the condition is very goodas you can see some the detailed pics.  I am sure that these are all coming from the same place, so I would expect that this place is selling the same quality HKs

link
Link Posted: 10/11/2010 12:35:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Wow great price. Night sights with Jet Funnel kit and 18rd mags is awesome. I've bought and sold a million pistols but I will never part with my USP 9. In my opinion the USP pistols are still the best tactical pistols out there.
Link Posted: 10/11/2010 9:14:58 AM EDT
[#15]
I have a SS Slide USP 9mm. It is a full size weapon. To big for me to conceal except for winter carry. The recoil system makes it one of the tamest 9mm's I have fired. Double taps to COM are almost effortless.  I don't see how you can wrong with this deal. BTW I saw several funnel kits and mags for sale this weekend in the EE.
Link Posted: 10/13/2010 1:57:19 PM EDT
[#16]
I ordered one from them last week, but the ordering was kind of strange.  They wouldn't hold one for me, but I sent in an MO.  What would they have done if they sold out when my MO got there?  Anyway, I spoke with them on Monday and they had gotten my MO and still had some left so it was headed for processing.

I ordered some of the police trade-in JF mags at $29 each also.  All of that was just too good of a deal to pass up

It does of the LEM trigger though, which I have never tried.  All my HK's are DA/SA so I'm anxious to try the LEM system out.
Link Posted: 10/13/2010 2:33:07 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I ordered one from them last week, but the ordering was kind of strange.  They wouldn't hold one for me, but I sent in an MO.  What would they have done if they sold out when my MO got there?  Anyway, I spoke with them on Monday and they had gotten my MO and still had some left so it was headed for processing.

I ordered some of the police trade-in JF mags at $29 each also.  All of that was just too good of a deal to pass up

It does of the LEM trigger though, which I have never tried.  All my HK's are DA/SA so I'm anxious to try the LEM system out.

Do some dry firing and then shoot about 200 rounds. You'll hopefully love it. I used to be a SA/DA guy but now it's LEM for me.

Link Posted: 10/13/2010 3:37:57 PM EDT
[#18]
wait what!?  $30 mags?  i think i'll have to get 5-10

ETA i couldnt find em on the SOG website
Link Posted: 10/18/2010 2:35:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Alright, cough up the source for cheap mags or I won't be able to justify buying one of these from SOG...and that would be cruel...
Link Posted: 10/20/2010 1:02:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Sorry, not from SOG but from Centerfire System here

Got mine in last week.  They're a little dirty and have department marking scribed into them, but seem to be in good working condition.  Hopefully I'll get my USP in this week to be able to try them out.
Link Posted: 10/20/2010 5:25:50 PM EDT
[#21]
8 mags ordered.  can never have too many mags
Link Posted: 11/17/2010 4:21:08 PM EDT
[#22]
SOG just put these on sale for $455.  Then they had a $25 veteran's day coupon for vets.

I ordered one, and am very anxious as SOG has shipped me their fair share of crappy guns in the past.  I even hand selected for $10, although that has gotten me a pistol with rust encrusted barrel in the recent past.

I ordered extra mags from CFS, but right after my card was charged and they shipped, CDNN had them on their websit for $5 less.

Anyone else pick one of these up?  How was yours?
Link Posted: 11/18/2010 9:31:11 AM EDT
[#23]
got mine from SOG last week and it is in VG condition. Great deal IMHO

Not sure how I feel about the LEM trigger yet, may want to replace it in the future if that is even a viable option.

The USP is alot larger then I had initially  thought, dimensionally about the same as a FNP-45 tactical and maybe a bit heavier.

Hmmm 18 rounds of 9mm vs 15 rounds of .45
Link Posted: 11/18/2010 3:55:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Pick mine up tommorrow.  the dealer siad it "looks used"...now I'm a bit freaked out.

I got my spare mags in, was suprised they had big, heavy, metal floor plates.
Link Posted: 11/18/2010 10:10:24 PM EDT
[#25]
i ordered a pair last month.  one had a name electro-stenciled on the bottom of the frame inside the trigger guard.  the other one just has barely any holster wear.
Link Posted: 11/21/2010 11:50:11 AM EDT
[#26]
I got mine in. It is near perfect––definitely Excellent condition.  The mags had a little electro stenciling on the base plates.  Smaller magazine relese levers.  Night sights at about 50-60%, looks to have a few usable years left in them.  Suprisingly good condition compared to the last few things I purchased from SOG.  I'd have to recommend this as a good buy.  Cost breakdown: Pistol $455 + $10 hand select = $465 + 3% CC=$479 + about $22 shipping =$501 + $20 transfer=$521; - $25 vet's day coupn = $476 OTD!
Link Posted: 11/25/2010 5:46:11 PM EDT
[#27]
That is a awesome deal. To bad they aren't local and you can hand select. Police trade in's can range from LNIB to shot to hades, and everything in between. Sometimes you win and sometimes you loose. But for a HK  you are all winners. I wouldn't trade my SS HK USP for anything. If you like the Glocks and HK's I highly suggest trying the Steyr M9A1, they are the gun Glock should have been. They aren't imported any more and aren't to popular on gun forums, but they are exremely high quality. What do you expect they are made in Austria. I am still looking for a M40 to add to my collection.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 12:07:18 AM EDT
[#28]
Good info in this thread for those not wanting to search through six pages, so i'm bumping it to the top.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top