BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 8/13/2004 7:04:18 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/13/2004 7:08:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/13/2004 7:22:25 PM EDT
[#2]
sounds like a good price in relation to what I've seen most of them priced at, but I still wouldn't buy one.  

Like Lumpy said I can buy a whole lot of something else with that $1500.
Link Posted: 8/13/2004 10:09:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a couple of 23's and I shall likely own another one or two later this year.
I would respond to your question by asking, does this pistol fit your hand(s)? If it fits and you have the need, do as you see fit. It is a fine pistol at a fair price.
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 3:14:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Considering the price of a new one that seems to be a very good price..........................
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 3:26:05 AM EDT
[#5]
IF you must have one then I'd say that's a pretty decent price.
With that said I'm not really sure why you'd want one.
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 3:46:54 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Is $1500 a steal for a good looking Mk23 w/ 4 mags and fake can?

It's the lowest I've seen one, but it looks to have about 400rds or maybe more on it.

What do you think?

Is that the one at Gilberts?  I thought it loooked like the round count was much higher and it didn't look like the factory finish to me.  That looked WAY to shiney for a HK finish.  
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 6:54:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 11:22:37 AM EDT
[#8]
That's a good price for a Mark 23.  You better have big hands.  I love my Mark 23 as a range pistol.  Got an AAC Tactical for it and a Insight LAM 450 just for cool Navy SEAL factor.  As a carry gun it's pointless.  Another weapon for cool SEAL factor is a Sig 226 Navy.  I picked one of those up and it is awesome!
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 1:55:59 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I have a couple of 23's and I shall likely own another one or two later this year.

Why? You can only shoot one at a time, yes? Why not diversify?
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 3:41:17 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why? You can only shoot one at a time, yes? Why not diversify?

Why? Why not? Perhaps because I am able to own more than one, or what is more important, it is still legal and within my freedom(s) to do so.  Why do you own more than one firearm? "You can only shoot one at a time, yes?"  I question your logic for asking such a question.
I presently own twelve USP's along with the two 23's, all are .45ACP. I do not feel the need to change brands, ergonomics, calibers, or to have the flavour of the month to impress anyone. But, I do know each time I require a tool, it is the same fit, feel, sight pattern, with such, this becomes instinct.
I have no interest in collection(s) or to shoot one firearm for 100 rounds then get accustomed to the next with this continuing multiple times for a day at the range.  I shoot upward of 80K a year, therein lies the next reason for my owning spares.
Link Posted: 8/15/2004 3:01:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Shit, if I could own more than one 23, I would too.

One to shoot, one to look at :)  And if AI is anything like myself, the new colored frames have a great appeal too.  I wouldn't mind a Desert Tan and OD green framed Mk23 myself.  I could justify 4 MK23's if I went that route (and if I had the money of course).

I paid 1700 for mine, brand new.  1500 for one in good condition is a good price.

You could buy alot for 1500.  You could buy alot for 500.  You could buy even more, for 5000.  

Its all relative.  If you want it, get it.  There is something to be said about owning the best handgun in the world, assuming it fits you.  If it does, then there simply is nothing better, and you will enjoy every moment you spend with it.
Link Posted: 8/15/2004 4:10:56 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Why? Why not?
Is one set up differently than the others? No, all 23s are the same. There's no collector value on these, I just don't see the attraction.

Perhaps because I am able to own more than one, or what is more important, it is still legal and within my freedom(s) to do so.
We agree here 150%.

Why do you own more than one firearm? "You can only shoot one at a time, yes?"
They're all different brands, models & calibers. Big difference, IMO.

I presently own twelve USP's along with the two 23's, all are .45ACP. I do not feel the need to change brands, ergonomics, calibers, or to have the flavour of the month to impress anyone.
I envy you your collection as I own 2 USPs but in different calibers. No one is talking about "flavor of the month, sir.

But, I do know each time I require a tool, it is the same fit, feel, sight pattern, with such, this becomes instinct.
So all the "tools" in your toolbox are all the same size? No metric sockets, no inch pattern sockets?  

I have no interest in collection(s) or to shoot one firearm for 100 rounds then get accustomed to the next with this continuing multiple times for a day at the range.
Some folks do this very thing as I do also. Different strokes for different folks, no doubt.

I shoot upward of 80K a year, therein lies the next reason for my owning spares.
Spare part kits would seem to be a whole lot cheaper, IMO. Not as much fun perhaps.

Link Posted: 8/15/2004 6:52:02 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why? Why not?
Is one set up differently than the others? No, all 23s are the same. There's no collector value on these, I just don't see the attraction.To answer your question, no, not all 23's are the same, one 23 is set-up with a LAM for NVD usage, the other with trits. (Different tools for different tasks)

Collector, why must I conform to your way of thinking and  be a collector, or the only reason to own an item is its "collector value"?
Perhaps the reason you do not see the attraction need is, you are a "collector' and I say, good for you.

Perhaps because I am able to own more than one, or what is more important, it is still legal and within my freedom(s) to do so.
We agree here 150%.I really need to learn how this extra 50% is / can be acquired.

"Why do you own more than one firearm? "You can only shoot one at a time, yes?"
They're all different brands, models & calibers. Big difference, IMO. IMO, I see little logic to this, different parts kits, different magazines, different ammunition.
I have upward of 70+ magazines for the 23's, all work in the others, each has the same ammunition, no confusion, even under stress, fool proof if you will. This seems much easier but, I am not a collector.  [LP skip mode On] they are nothing more than tools that are required for a task at hand.[LP skip mode OFF] I believe this is one of those, to each their own.

I presently own twelve USP's along with the two 23's, all are .45ACP. I do not feel the need to change brands, ergonomics, calibers, or to have the flavour of the month to impress anyone.
I envy you your collection as I own 2 USPs but in different calibers. No one is talking about "flavor of the month, sir.I was covering bases, many people (Note, I did not state you), believe in the 'cool factor', thus the reason for my 'flavour of the month' response added to the above.

But, I do know each time I require a tool, it is the same fit, feel, sight pattern, with such, this becomes instinct.
So all the "tools" in your toolbox are all the same size? No metric sockets, no inch pattern sockets?   Two Snap On floor chests filled with 9/16" sockets

I have no interest in collection(s) or to shoot one firearm for 100 rounds then get accustomed to the next with this continuing multiple times for a day at the range.
Some folks do this very thing as I do also. Different strokes for different folks, no doubt.More power to you, enjoy.

I shoot upward of 80K a year, therein lies the next reason for my owning spares.
Spare part kits would seem to be a whole lot cheaper, IMO. Not as much fun perhaps.I keep enough spare parts on hand, but, that is not the point. Should breakage occur, the next tool is ready, there is no downtime.

Link Posted: 8/15/2004 11:34:22 PM EDT
[#14]
The Mk23 is a USP Tactical with a $1000 extra lever, IMO. $1500 is a good price if you're into that kind of thing.
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 12:20:55 AM EDT
[#15]
For that package, I'd say 1500 is reasonable, but like all things HK BOHICA.
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 1:09:15 AM EDT
[#16]
70+ mags...

Good lord.  I have 4.

Want to get rid of some of them???
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 5:39:53 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why? Why not?
Is one set up differently than the others? No, all 23s are the same. There's no collector value on these, I just don't see the attraction.To answer your question, no, not all 23's are the same, one 23 is set-up with a LAM for NVD usage, the other with trits. (Different tools for different tasks)

Collector, why must I conform to your way of thinking and  be a collector, or the only reason to own an item is its "collector value"?
Perhaps the reason you do not see the attraction need is, you are a "collector' and I say, good for you.

Well, I can see different set-ups being the case. Somehow this wasn't mentioned earlier.  

We agree here 150%.I really need to learn how this extra 50% is / can be acquired.
Effort. Kinda like trying to marry Cindy Crawford if you look like me.  

"Why do you own more than one firearm? "You can only shoot one at a time, yes?"
They're all different brands, models & calibers. Big difference, IMO. IMO, I see little logic to this, different parts kits, different magazines, different ammunition.
I have upward of 70+ magazines for the 23's, all work in the others, each has the same ammunition, no confusion, even under stress, fool proof if you will. This seems much easier but, I am not a collector.  [LP skip mode On] they are nothing more than tools that are required for a task at hand.[LP skip mode OFF] I believe this is one of those, to each their own.

I associate it with owning different music, different styles of clothes, different books, etc. We don't eat the same meal everyday, no?

I envy you your collection as I own 2 USPs but in different calibers. No one is talking about "flavor of the month, sir.I was covering bases, many people (Note, I did not state you), believe in the 'cool factor', thus the reason for my 'flavour of the month' response added to the above.

Some folks do this very thing as I do also. Different strokes for different folks, no doubt.More power to you, enjoy.

Link Posted: 8/16/2004 6:12:38 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
70+ mags...

Good lord.  I have 4.

Want to get rid of some of them???

Perhaps it was best that I did not mention the 30 LEO 12 rounders I have on order. I have received all but the magazine bodies, which are forthcoming.

Now if I could only locate Dorack(sp) from HKPro who was manufacturing aluminium base plates.

ETA, perhaps it would be best to hand this thread back to its rightful owner, SHIVAN.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:35:55 PM EDT
[#19]
There is a cool factor with the Mk23...  Did a little fun shooting with one a couple years back.  Tried an IPSC stage with a stock Kimber and the Mk23 - the Kimber shot faster because it didn't have that massive slide going back and forth - but the Mk23 was awesome all the way out to 100 yards on steel poppers.  Once you figured out the trajectory it was easy to just knock them down at will!  Not many pistols can do that!
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:36:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 12:52:46 AM EDT
[#21]
From what I have seen, $1500 is a great price.

I paid $996 for mine here in Germany, but the same pistol will now cost me $1300 becuase of changes in the exchange rates. The US dollar has lost 30% of its value against the Euro since Bush took office.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 11:30:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Sounds good to me.  I paid $1800 for mine new.  The finish on the Mk23 is different than what is on the USP.  It is more shiny and also more prone to surface wear (the protection is still there, just the surface wears quicker).  If it fits your hands and comes with 4 mags as well as a fake can, depending on how much wear there is I would say $1500 is pretty darned good.  I bought mine solely for collecting as even the full size USP is a hair large for my hands and the SOCOM in DA mode I can barely reach the trigger.  However, when you get it you will notice right off the bat that it is NOT a Tacticl with a $1000 lever added.  Everything about the pistol is beefier.  This pistol is made for the long haul and to see heavy use.  And if you ever run out of ammo, you can just use the pistol to bash their brains in.  It is a wonderful pistol if it fits you, but it really is a very specialized pistol.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 11:50:06 AM EDT
[#23]
only if it was legal in MI to get a can
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top