Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 9/10/2010 5:27:53 PM EDT
It seems HK's customer service is brought up often in discussion and is regarded as "hating" the customer or treating them with disdain, so I thought I'd share my recent experience.
  I recently bought a P30L LEM.  These apparently only come with the standard Luminova sights and I prefer true night sights.  I found a new set of Trijicons for sale on the EE at a bargain price, so I bought them.  While waiting on the sights to arrive, I contacted my local smith about doing the install, but due to the angle of the slide and the difficulty of replacing the slide should it get damaged in the process, I decided to send the slide to HK for them to do the install.  I called in and spoke to Travis around the 10th of Aug.  He took my info and gave me a reference number.  He was curt and professional, but not condescending.  He also informed me that HK uses Meprolights and that the Trijicon installation could be done, but I might have to fine tune them as their jigs are set up for the Meps.  The turn around time was quoted at 5-7 days, and price was $30.00 plus shipping.
   After several days, the seller finally shipped my sights, and I sent my slide and sights to HK on 8/20.  A week passed without word from HK, so I called in and was informed via recorded message that HK was closed for yearly inventory and would reopen the following week.  Fast foward to 9/7, I get a call that my slide is ready to go out.  I originally get qouted 25.00 for shipping and after I stated I felt like it was a bit high to ship a slide from GA to NC, shipping charges were recaluated and ended up at 14.00, only slightly more than I paid to ship to them.  
   My slide arrived today and it looks good.  I haven't shot it yet though.  Overall, I was pleased with my experience.  Granted, my experience wasn't a warranty repair, but I was treated fairly and without disdain.  The inventory week delay was annoying, but wouldn't have been an issue had I sent my slide in earlier.  I dont know if HK CS has improved recently, but I have no complaints.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:44:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Travis and the est of the staff over there are good people.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:36:23 PM EDT
[#2]
HK CS is good. I dont know what they were like many years ago but in the past few years I've had no problems with them.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:59:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Lets just say HK cs sucks....which many, many people strongly believe......its prob. has a lot to do with the dept. rarely fielding a request when its a legit HK induced problem rather than some dumbass who started tweeking on their own gear and then expected HK to fix it on their own dime.  Its no excuse ever to treat a customer badly however it is understandable how one can get upset with folks for demanding that they fix stuff that was not broke by them.

LMT although has just the opposite reputation and its regarded as one of the very best in the industry....and it is the best imho, people just would not believe the amt. of stuff that people try and send in for repairs and such w. respect to warranty or thinking it should be on the house.  Here is few very, very common ones:
...my trigger guard ear/s broke off when I was trying to install a new trigger guard and winged it without a proper sized punch
...I reamed by 6.8 mrp barrel out to spcII specs but for some reason it shoots no better than 5-6 moa
...I wanted to make my lmt defender2000 shoot weak, very crappy russian junk reliable and so I opened up the gas port hole

all three are clearly idiot induced malfunctions or problems.

Personally I tend to believe the stories about hks cs but I also tend to believe that I will not be speaking with them given my hk's will not seem to misfire or malfunction one single time since Ive own the two models I have.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:47:29 AM EDT
[#4]
I recently had an excellent experience with HK customer service.  Both Travis and a young lady at HK took great care of me.

My wife and I had an opportunity to meet many of the HK folks when we attended the NRA convention a few months ago.  

They couldn't have been nicer or more down to earth.   Good folks.
Link Posted: 9/16/2010 12:45:21 AM EDT
[#5]
I recently contacted the HK CS and asked for Travis, based on the reading in this discussion and he was great on the phone, very nice, but to the point as I am sure he is stacked up with calls.....but he was very helpful and directed me who I could contact to get what I needed....

To say the least, the experience was good and I would call him back when needed.

Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top