Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2010 8:11:16 AM EDT
I was looking at picking up a used HK45c and wanted to know average sale value.  I don't know the condition of the gun yet because I haven't seen it, so just assume it's in average condition.  

Also, what would have to be done (or where would it have to be sent) to have the thumb safety moved from the left side of the gun to the right (I'm left handed)?

I'm looking to have it replace and/or supplement my glock 19 as my CCW.  Is there anything else I need to know before making this buy.  This will be my first HK.  I was also considering a S&W M&P45 Mid-size (4"), but this HK45c offer came up. I have experience with Glocks and 1911's, but really no DA/SA guns.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:52:45 AM EDT
[#1]
I haven't priced any of them used, but my local shop has a new one for $899.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 10:57:59 AM EDT
[#2]
unless you're lucky like me and find one for 425 barely used, in the orginal case  and manual. , I  would say average would be  in the 500-550 range is the average, you get some that want 600 bucks and a bit more for it. but I wouldn't pay more then 500 for one.

funny thing about HK pistols even used folks don't seem to shoot it all that much, guess they  shoot a few rounds and spend the rest of the time bowing to it and paying homage to it.  when I looked at the one I bought there was no wear on the barrel breech, and the frame where the slide rides in showed barely any wear.   but now, it's all worn in from me shooting a shitload of ammo through it
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:24:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
unless you're lucky like me and find one for 425 barely used, in the orginal case  and manual. , I  would say average would be  in the 500-550 range is the average, you get some that want 600 bucks and a bit more for it. but I wouldn't pay more then 500 for one.

funny thing about HK pistols even used folks don't seem to shoot it all that much, guess they  shoot a few rounds and spend the rest of the time bowing to it and paying homage to it.  when I looked at the one I bought there was no wear on the barrel breech, and the frame where the slide rides in showed barely any wear.   but now, it's all worn in from me shooting a shitload of ammo through it

I'm calling BS!
No way are you going to find a like new HK45 for $425.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:57:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm calling BS!
No way are you going to find a like new HK45 for $425.

Well what is fair/reasonable?
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:55:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I would expect something in the range of $700-800.  There don't seem to be a lot of used HK45s or 45Cs.  I know I don't plan on ever getting rid of mine.

I'm guessing the guy above either confused an HK45C with a USP 45C or someone ditched a murder weapon on him!
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:13:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I
I'm guessing the guy above either confused an HK45C with a USP 45C

yeah, that is what I did, mine is a   USP .45C,   I read HK45C and mistook it for that.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:25:43 AM EDT
[#7]
I bought mine used for $850 OTD back in March and just traded it even for a full size HK45 FWIW.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:33:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You are referring to the HK45c, right?  Not the USPc .45.  Average resale on an HK45/c is ~$700.00.

Never mind the above, I didn't read the rest of the thread.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:19:27 AM EDT
[#9]
$650-$800 depending on condition. If he wants more than $800 check out CDNN Investments as oftentimes they put them on sale new for a pittance more.

As for the safety, I'm not sure. I'd call Adam at hkparts.net or call HK Customer Service direct. Another thing you might consider, coming from Glock, is the LEM trigger which ditches the safety/decocker and leaves you with a trigger different in design, but similar in feel to a Glock trigger.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:47:46 AM EDT
[#10]
I paid $800.00 plus shipping back in April. Mint condition with new night sites installed.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top