Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2004 11:09:36 AM EDT
I am taking a Tactical Rappelling Course in about a month and am in need of a good(not too pricey) leg rig for a USP compact .40.  
Can any of you give me some advise?
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 1:10:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been looking to get one as well.  I've concidered the Triple Retention Pro 3 tac holster by Uncle Mike's.  It's about $79.99 from uscav.com

They have a few other choices as well on their site.
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 1:49:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 2:09:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I saw that one too, but I don't know if I like it or not yet.  The material looks rough like it'd scuff the finish of the pistol.  But you can only tell so much from pictures.
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 10:27:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I saw that one too, but I don't know if I like it or not yet.  The material looks rough like it'd scuff the finish of the pistol.  But you can only tell so much from pictures.

RE: Uncle Mike's holsters - they suck, no they blow

RE: Kydex scratching the pistol - Dude, it's a piece of life saving equipment.  Who gives a crap if it gets a scratch.  Maintain it and clean it, sure; baby it, never.
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 7:15:31 AM EDT
[#5]
why do you say uncle mike's blow?
Link Posted: 8/15/2004 5:29:29 PM EDT
[#6]
    Safariland 6004 is the best by far.   I hae been upside down in one and it retains the gun well.  At copsplus.com they are about $90.  A bargain for a great rig.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 12:09:25 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

The material inside the holster is a suede like fabric. Any holster is going to cause a tad bit of a wear on a pistol, dont sweat it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 5:34:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm not sure what you'd consider to be pricey, but there's a company called Blade-Tech that does thermoplastic holsters very similar to the FOBUS system that loves Glock so much. They make a thigh rig for your pistol, but it costs $109.95, according to the website.  

Go to www.blade-tech.com for further toys.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 12:53:28 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I'm not sure what you'd consider to be pricey, but there's a company called Blade-Tech that does thermoplastic holsters very similar to the FOBUS system that loves Glock so much. They make a thigh rig for your pistol, but it costs $109.95, according to the website.  

Go to www.blade-tech.com for further toys.

Thanks I will look at their site.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 3:06:11 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

RE: Uncle Mike's holsters - they suck, no they blow

RE: Kydex scratching the pistol - Dude, it's a piece of life saving equipment.  Who gives a crap if it gets a scratch.  Maintain it and clean it, sure; baby it, never.hr

Never been a fan of Uncle Mike's myself, I would concur with my esteemed colleauge's interpretation.

Safariland or Kydex.  

Masher
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:02:35 PM EDT
[#11]
I have an Eagle for my USP 9.  Works out great for me.  Now i just need a matching belt.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 1:45:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Check out LightFighter tactical they are listed in the industry forums they have some really good prices.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:52:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Blackhawk industries makes a drop leg holster for around $65-$70.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top