Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2010 2:45:19 AM EDT
hello just had a few questions. I love my glock its always been reliable. It is very snappy and makes follow up shots difficult. Will the recoil be the same in a usp, or is their a recoil dampening system of some sort on this model? been hearing about less felt recoil on these things and since im not allowed to carry a 1911 for work, i do think i can get away with one of these cocked and locked.  Just wanted to know. id expect the accuracy to be about the same, with better ergos. If anyone has any experience with the 40. cal version vs the glock 22 id be interested in hearing it.  thanks
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 4:49:43 AM EDT
[#1]
I have both the USPc in .40 and a Glock 22. The USPc in more accurate even with the shorter barrel giving noticeably tighter groups

I have had malfunctions with the USPc because of lack of cleaning with the round not fully going into the chamber due to a fouled ramp and have had no malfunctions with the glock due to lack of cleaning. The USPc seems to start to give an occasional feed problem after about 300 rounds or so. about 1 in 60 rounds or so.

The muzzle flip seems to be about the same for me, very little allowing quick double taps on both. The G27 has a noticeable amount of more muzzle flip compared to both.

If the G22 has a bunch of muzzle flip for you, I would suggest making sure your grip, and stance are properly done, because it should not be difficult to do very quick double taps with a glock 22.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:22:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Im choosing to make this my 666 post. I own a Glock 22 and a hkusp 9 40 and 45. Let's just say the Glock is forsake in we now. If shoot 500 plus rounds though it there great guns but not my thing. The hk is.a work of art a machine to bring death upon the enemies of justice ;)
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:45:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I have an HK USP .40 and have put about 5,000 rounds through it without a single malfunction. I get nice tight groups with it. IMHO HK makes the best pistols out there. The only down side is that mags are spendy and harder to find in compared to Glocks.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:21:53 AM EDT
[#4]
My P2000 has the same perceived recoil as my G23. It does however jam sometimes when shooting one handed if I don't grip it with all I've got. The Glock won't do that. IMO, a combat handgun should not jam when limpwristing. Unfortunately the P2000 is my duty weapon and we can't carry Glocks. Guess which one gets carried off duty?
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:29:59 AM EDT
[#5]
My Glock 22 had a  harsher recoil than my HK USP 40.  The USP 40 still kicks too vigorously to me.  Groups are better with the hK VS the Glock for me.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:23:05 PM EDT
[#6]
appreciate the info guys, but am i right when everyone is saying, the groups and accuracy are better, gun feels better, but the recoil is about the same???? Is it SIG's that have the recoil damper?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:28:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
appreciate the info guys, but am i right when everyone is saying, the groups and accuracy are better, gun feels better, but the recoil is about the same???? Is it SIG's that have the recoil damper?

Don't hold me to it, but browsing through the internet over the years, it would seem that only the USP.45 had any sort of "recoil reduction." I'm not sure how they achieved it, but that seemed to be the only model where it was touted.

SIG, Glock, 1911, USP9, USP40, not a word of "recoil reduction."
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:00:10 AM EDT
[#8]
It has a doubled up recoil spring but I think my 1911's have less kick then my USP. Love that steel gun.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:30:55 PM EDT
[#9]
well it seems to me the 45 round is less snappy and more of a push than the 40. round anyway, then your prolly firing out of a steal 1911 and not a light poly frame, so yeah, i love the way a 45 shoots. id carry a kimber if theyd let me. most places dont like that single action trigger.  appreciate the info everyone. might make the switch to the hk solely for the benefit of better ergos and the ability to carry cocked and locked. gotta check my balance in the checkbook now..............
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:53:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
well it seems to me the 45 round is less snappy and more of a push than the 40. round anyway, then your prolly firing out of a steal 1911 and not a light poly frame, so yeah, i love the way a 45 shoots. id carry a kimber if theyd let me. most places dont like that single action trigger.  appreciate the info everyone. might make the switch to the hk solely for the benefit of better ergos and the ability to carry cocked and locked. gotta check my balance in the checkbook now..............

The HK USP is like a big plastic 1911. That's why I got mine. And yes the ploymer frame adds snap when firing. At least I think so.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:19:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It has a doubled up recoil spring but I think my 1911's have less kick then my USP. Love that steel gun.

Don't forget the lower bore axis, too... less torque...
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top