Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Posted: 7/9/2009 11:51:00 AM EDT
Hey guys,
I've had a Colt XSE for a couple of months now and it seems like no matter how much I tighten the rear sight down after about 4-5 clips (I kid I kid, mags) it ends up either on the ground or way over on the slide. Is there any way to fix this, I'm sure I can't be the only one that's had this problem.
~Bryan, R.
Link Posted: 7/9/2009 11:54:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I used Loctite and have not had a problem since then.
Link Posted: 7/9/2009 12:21:01 PM EDT
[#2]
My screw backs out, too. I put a dab of blue loctite on it and haven't had a problem since.
Link Posted: 7/9/2009 2:14:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Blue Locktite, just make sure the threads are free of oil and debris.
Link Posted: 7/10/2009 1:32:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

+1

I had the same problem and this helped. I now carry the proper sized allen wrench to the range with me too.

Also had a problem with the front sight –– it was too tall . I had my gunsmith (who's a 1911 pro) order a shorter one from Colt.

It took forever to get here, and then it worked loose after two range sessions before we finally secured it.

Pistol shoots to point of aim now.

When I get the FTFs worked out it should be good to go.

(Actually, I'm ready to trade this Combat Commander for a Sig or HK.)

Link Posted: 7/10/2009 6:34:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Same issuw with my LW Commander...screw backed out.

One drop of loctite fixed the issue.
Link Posted: 7/29/2009 12:01:43 PM EDT
[#6]
If you dont like loctite take a small centerpunch and raise a dimple on the sights dovetail.
Link Posted: 7/29/2009 5:02:05 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

...When I get the FTFs worked out it should be good to go.

Good idea.  See ya on the Sig and HK sites !

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 1:00:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

No, Bill, you'll actually still see me here and at other 1911 forums

But yes, stop by the Sig forum; I'll be there now, too.

I have quite a few Colts that are awesome and I love them very much.

But this particular Combat Commander was a lemon and I realize that can happen to any manufacturer.  After spending too much time and money on this 1911 I traded it for a Sig P220 and could not be happier.

The P220 eats any ammo I feed it.  No malfunctions for the first 700 rds.  It's also dead nuts accurate.

By the way, what does the following emotion mean:   ?  From what I gather, its meaning is ambiguous.  Good ole' Google indicates it can be an expression of boredom, annoyance, neutrality or perplexity (and also "concern").  I've followed your posts on other forums and, in addition to your posts' quality (well, I hold them in high regard), you seem like a nice fellow.  I value your input
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 2:51:48 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, Bill, you'll actually still see me here and at other 1911 forums

But yes, stop by the Sig forum; I'll be there now, too.

I have quite a few Colts that are awesome and I love them very much.

But this particular Combat Commander was a lemon and I realize that can happen to any manufacturer.  After spending too much time and money on this 1911 I traded it for a Sig P220 and could not be happier.

The P220 eats any ammo I feed it.  No malfunctions for the first 700 rds.  It's also dead nuts accurate.

By the way, what does the following emotion mean:  
?  From what I gather, its meaning is ambiguous.  Good ole' Google indicates it can be an expression of boredom, annoyance, neutrality or perplexity (and also "concern").  I've followed your posts on other forums and, in addition to your posts' quality (well, I hold them in high regard), you seem like a nice fellow.  I value your input

= ambiguous neutrality

I'm known as a "swell guy" across the universe.
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top