Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Posted: 4/27/2009 8:06:47 AM EDT
I have never shot one.  I was curious if anybody had and their personal review regarding the function and design of the pistol.  If you have never shot one or owned one please don't reply with second hand horror stories or some such.
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 6:32:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I have owned one since thry cane out. It is a great shooting gun and a very simple design
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 2:52:07 AM EDT
[#2]
The only bad thing is the trigger.  Long, terrible reset, terrible feel.  The trigger reminded me of a plastic gun you had as a kid.

Not exactly pretty, but I liked the grip.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 9:10:30 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought one when they first came out and never had a problem (aprox. 3000 rds.). Sold it to a collector for a profit last year. I had heard all the horror stories but never experienced them. Would buy another if they remake the model and offer it in .40.

IMO, It was a unique design that was ahead of it's time. It was esentially a pistol version of our beloved AR's. It used the AR's rotary bolt instead of the traditional tilting barrel for the delayed blowback action. The fiiring mechanism was a striker but was reset to "quarter-cock" after each shot making it more like a DAO for safety and putting less strain on the striker spring. True, the trigger had creep in it but had the design caught on, would have been refined in later/competing models. Instead the Glock striker fired action became the standard which is equal to carrying a 1911 cocked but not locked.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 7:18:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I remember reading in the NRA's American Rifleman, the gun shot something like 4-6" groups at 75'.

For a more coherent discussion about the Colt 2000, see here:
Wikipedia - Colt 2000
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top