Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Posted: 2/8/2002 5:32:58 AM EDT
Who has one and what do you think of it?  Picked one up at the show a couple weeks ago.  I like it.  Seems to shoot as good as my four inch wheel guns.  Nice trigger.  Paid to damned much for it, but they're getting hard to find in these parts and I've wanted one for 25 years.

Link Posted: 2/8/2002 5:52:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 4:01:55 AM EDT
[#2]
I have several of the "D" frames.  I think they're the best small frame revolver ever made.  All of mine have shot good.  I even carry one once in a while.  It's a matte hard chromed (don't ask me, some previous owner did it, but the price was right) late model DS with Barami Hip-grips.  That Hip-grip thing really works and it makes a great CCW piece.  

Ross
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 11:22:25 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't have a Detective Special (right now) but I still one old D-frame hanging around the house.  One my wife uses.  A 4" Diamondback in .38 Spec.  
I must have bought her a dozen guns before she latched on to that one and she keeps it loaded with 125 gr Federal Nyclad HP (standard pressure).
It's not high speed / low drag by any means, but I know she's quite good with it and most importantly she has confidence in it.
I think for most scenarios she would encounter, it's just right for her.
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top