Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Posted: 4/16/2008 10:50:45 AM EDT
There's a gorgeous Talo National Match Gold Cup Colt at the local funstore.  I had never really heard anything about Talo.  I can say that it's really pretty.  They want $1400.  Not sure I want it, but it did pique my interest.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 12:33:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd be interested to know too.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 3:02:54 PM EDT
[#2]
they have a web site.

from what i gather from their web site is that they do cusomizining on the stock guns.  But IIRC, the engraving isnt mechanical, its chemical.  Its looks nice, but not sure how well it will go up against old style engraving.

Link Posted: 4/16/2008 3:20:39 PM EDT
[#3]
If it's not NIB thats quite high IMHO, I paid $700.00 for this one used but fired very VERY little. They are nice but not really collector items, I just liked this one because it had the horse and Colt in gold inlay.

Link Posted: 4/16/2008 4:47:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Cool, thanks.  I'm not much of a collector, so I wasn't looking at it as an investment.  Other than looking prettier than standard do they perform better or is it all show and no go?  I won't pay a lot more just for looks.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 5:03:55 PM EDT
[#5]
It's mostly just cosmetic, since I've never had an issue shooting it I've got no complaints, shoots fine, locks up fine, I'd imagine that one would check out the function/lockup like any other Colt. some are great, some are so so. It's the only Talo I own and if it wasn't the Colt logo/horsie one I'd have probably passed. As it is, I don't regret the purchase.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 5:48:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Cool - thanks bro.  They're stuff is definitely purty.  If it's just a bit more, I think I'd go for it but I won't pay a whole lot more just for looks.  Looks are important to me, but not THAT important .  
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 11:33:06 AM EDT
[#7]
most talo editions are runs of 200 guns.  the best looking one i've seen so far is the dragon
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top