Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Posted: 12/24/2001 6:34:05 AM EDT
Bought a new S.S.Commander at the gun show the other day and the model number (04091U) description doesn't coincide with the gun. It came from the factory this way and I know that it was never fired. It has: dotted rear sight blade, elongated skeletonized hammer, skeletonized adjustable trigger, rosewood grips with allen screws, beavertail grip safety, extended thumb safety, and no front serrations. Also it came with a Shooting Star magazine. I thought that it was bought new and someone did some add ons and then decided to sell it. I rather have it this way then how it was supposed to be.
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 10:11:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Perhaps this gun would be worth the $25 for a factory Colt letter?
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 5:35:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I have found that this model, being a Commander Model, is supposed to have a lightweight (alum.) frame. But this one has a steel frame. I plan on calling Colt next week.
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 9:41:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 8:20:21 AM EDT
[#4]
There is such a thing as the steel framed Combat Commander. I don't care for stainless, nor the firing pin safety, so I haven't followed the Colt line in many years, but it's quite possible that your frame is the original.
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top