Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Posted: 5/18/2003 11:23:37 AM EDT
How many of you have had experiences with the Sistema's. I have a 1991A1 and 2 Sistema's. The Sistema's shoot as well (the sights are harder to use)and the Sistema's have more history than the newer Colt. Plus the Sistema's are easier to dissemble (series 70's? vs series 80).

I prefer to shoot the Sistema's. Anyone else have the same experiences?  
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 5:02:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I've never found the seris 70 or 80 particularly hard to dissasemble.  You don't need the wrench or anything, just turn the bushing by hand like any .45, only do it with the slide pushed back past the end of the muzzle.  OK, you have to push it back, so it is harder, but that idiotic wrench system is definately not the way to go.  

I had a seris 80 stainless when they first came out, and it was a good gun.  Currently the only seris 80 gun I own is a 10mm Delta Elite and it doesn't require any wrench or anything.  Just turn the bushing same as a USGI .45.  Maybe it's that way because it's a 10mm, but I like it for plenty of reasons

I'm currently looking for a Sistema right now.  I've always wanted one, but never got around to getting one.  They're well made and I think it would be the perfect companion to my FM Argy Browning HP.

Ross
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 9:39:34 AM EDT
[#2]
As of last week SOG had some nice looking ones in stock. Mine came from them and was reparkerized. It looks great.

I did have some time to shoot it this weekend. I had multiple stovepipes but it seemed to smooth out after 30 rounds. It was raining pretty hard here so I had to cut the break in period short. I'll have time this week to shoot it again.  
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 10:00:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Well guys, I think I am almost finished with my Sistema project.  If you recall I purchased one about 2 months ago from SOG that was a total beater.  I thought about sending it back, but I said what the heck, lets custom this puppy out. As for Thursday, it is about 95% complete, all I have left to do is refinish the slide.  I am looking for a matte stainless color, sort of like the Kimber custom guns.  The parts used were mostly Wilson Combat( the combat tritium sights rock!), Chip McCormick, and a few EdBrown and STI parts.  Trigger breaks right at 4 and a quarter pounds, grips are courtsey of Hakan Pek.  I highly suggest you order yourself some.  Here are a few pics:

YOu can find Kakan at his website, great prices, and great communication through the whole process.

Hakan Peck

I shot this gun Friday night at IDPA and spanked some serious booty, I think my long lost love for 1911s has been reborn, next is a commander project.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 5:36:12 AM EDT
[#4]
That's a good looking gun. The most recent Sistema I got from SOG was in very good condition. After shooting several hundred rounds the stovepipe problems worked out.

I did find the safety had "custom" work done and didn't work. It was replaced and the out of box gun looks good and functions great.  
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top