Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2007 4:56:33 PM EDT
Local shop has a pretty well used Colt Series 80 Commander for around $480.00. I'm not too familiar with them so i'm not sure what the average price would be. The exterior looks like it's been used a good deal, no rust, haven't seen the barrel or internals yet.

I'm looking for a couple of 1911s for projects and figured since all the Sistemas I see are going for about the same price, why not try this Colt.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 1:27:23 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Local shop has a pretty well used Colt Series 80 Commander for around $480.00. I'm not too familiar with them so i'm not sure what the average price would be. The exterior looks like it's been used a good deal, no rust, haven't seen the barrel or internals yet.

I'm looking for a couple of 1911s for projects and figured since all the Sistemas I see are going for about the same price, why not try this Colt.

Make a lowball offer(around $350)and see what he says.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 1:58:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Condition means everything here. I would go over the fundamental points of the gun (do a search) such as slide to frame fit, cracks in the rails, etc. See if you can field strip it there. If not then tell him it it might be worthless since Bubba might have done anything to the internals with a file. If you get your way, check. If you don't then tell him you would have been prepared to talk turkey, but a potentially FUBARED gun from a vendor who is acting suspiciously isn't worth more than $325. Either he relents, or he chases you out of the store where you scream "I will not barter my body for a discount you perv!" to all within earshot.

Once you have determined the weapon is satisfactory, offer him $400. If not, tell him you calculated $425 with appropriate sales tax (say $460.31 OTD) is what you brough and it's your bottom line. Flip it on the table as you tell him that. He'll take it.

Link Posted: 4/21/2007 4:43:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Offer him $200.
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top