Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2006 4:43:41 PM EDT
I'm planning on getting a trigger job done to my Colt 1991A1, approx 4.5lbs, can the stock plastic trigger be used or should an aftermarket adjustable trigger be used?
I have a problem with inserting mags into the pistol,when I try to insert a mag into the magwell,I have to press the mag release button before the mag can be inserted fully, How can this be fixed.

Any information would be greatly appreciated,
MickeyJr.

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:08:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I would consult the smith who will do the trigger job.  The plastic one is satisfactory with regards to safety, but it's probably loose in the frame.  An aftermarket oversized trigger can be fit to remove a lot of the wiggle and slop, plus the excess overtravel can be adjusted out.  It's just an extra $20 - $35 depending on trigger, and well worth it in my opinion.  The smith will prbably charge a little more though.

As far as the mag, again talk to the smith.  It's a fairly common problem.  It is especially common with McCormick mags due to the cut they use at the top of the mag near the feed lips.  It can be smoothed out in the mag release with a small bevel cut or even slight polishing.  Also, you can go to a lighter spring, but I don't recommend that.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:05:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Hobbs5264,

I appreciate the info, the pistol shoots great, but I though a trigger job might just smooth things out a bit. you are right I am using mccormick mags and the seem bind a bit on the mag release.

Thanks Again,
MickeyJr.
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top