BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2006 3:44:58 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:48:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice gun!  You should at least shoot it once

My dad has an old 70s-80s Python and my great-grandfather's .22 Frontier Scout.  They are both great guns and have never had any problems.  
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:21:57 PM EDT
[#2]
The King Cobra is an absolute TANK, and according to Master gunsmith Jerry Kuhnhausen, likely the strongest mid-frame revolver ever built.

One "watch-out".
Don't dry fire without snap caps.  It's POSSIBLE the firing pin might break, and replacement is a factory ONLY job.
Replacement requires a special press and support jigs to press the old pin out and the new pin in, without damaging the frame.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:23:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:36:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Sweet looking Colt.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:18:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I think you should fire that puppy, Colt made bunch of them, and I don't think they, unlike the Pythons, will be a collector's item.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:29:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:10:01 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I think you should fire that puppy, Colt made bunch of them, and I don't think they, unlike the Pythons, will be a collector's item.

I've got tons of other handguns though so I don't need to.

This Colt King Cobra guns has never had the same "panache" as their Python line, but it is quite capable.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 11:15:10 AM EDT
[#8]
I 've got an early one from 1987 or 1988 forget when exactly,l 6" bright stainless, the barrel kept coming unscrewed because of the torque from the bullet in the rifling (every force creates an opposite and equal force).  Sent it back once, started coming loose again, sent it back twice, got a new gun, now the barrel is off by 2-3 degrees, not a big deal but enough to drive you nuts if you're expecting perfection.

The ejector rod wants to come unscrewed when firing, only cure is to use lock tite.

Other than that it shoots fine, shot it last Saturday as matter of fact.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:00:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top